Gas planet 2
|Gas planet 2|
|Orbit||Outside of Jool|
|Equatorial radius||Estimated 9000 km|
NOTICE: This planet probably never will be implemented in the game, as no comment has been made on the planet since NovaSilisko left Squad.
The gas planet 2 (abbreviated GP2) is a proposed planet outside the orbit of Jool. It is planned to make the current dwarf planet Eeloo the innermost of four major moons. Like its current sister planet, Jool, it is planned to have "At least 20" smaller moons orbiting it. This gas planet will most likely be the Kerbal counterpart of Saturn.
Gas planet 2 (no official name given as of yet) is a potential planet to be located outside Jool's orbit. It might have rings, as it's real life counterpart, Saturn, has them. In the prototype picture it shows that the planet has a blue hue.
Currently only the names of the four major moons are known. It is assumed that the list given is from the innermost to the outermost moon:
- Eeloo: Planned to orbit the new planet, NovaSilisko has stated that there will be geysers on it. The prototype geysers have been shown to work "Quite well."
- Daphy: A very small asteroid covered in "Fluff". It may or may not be in the rings themselves.
- Potatus: Another small moon. It will have a high inclination relative to GP2. NovaSilisko has claimed that it will rotate extremely fast, stretching it into an oblate spheroid.
- Fonso: Will be about 300KM across, and will be the second moon to hold an atmosphere, which will be two atmospheres dense. The extremely mountainous surface will have peaks that stretch into the vacuum.
- The original version of the mod "Krag's Planet Factory" by Kragathea includes a gas giant planet called Sentar, which mimics the characteristics intended for Gas Planet 2 including, among other things, both a parallel for the planned moon Fonso that goes by the name Skelton and a parallel for the planned moon Potatus that goes by the name of Inaccessable, although it does not orbit Sentar. It is not possible to land on much of Inaccessable, since at the equator the surface rotates faster than the escape velocity. The mod is still available but is no longer being maintained, so it may cause fairly serious glitches.
- Post in the forum by NovaSilisko