We've moved! We're now on the official Squad servers.
The features listed here are planned for future versions of Kerbal Space Program.
This list may change during the course of development.
If a feature is present in a mod, there may be a link to the mod.
This list is not an official roadmap for the game. It is maintained by the community, and has no direct relation to what may or may not be included in the final product.
This section lists all planned features for future releases. Entries highlighted in Blue are planned for the next update (soon). Please note that these features in blue may be pushed back. Entries in Yellow have been partially implemented.
Please note that these features are not a commitment, and the dev team is not under any obligation to implement them all.
- Repairing: Ability to repair certain things.
- Enhanced I.V.As (Moving and interacting inside of the Craft)
- Crew Tasks: Have the crew take charge of controlling the ship (provided they can handle it)
- More prebuilt ships, for tutorials or as examples
- Astronaut Complex : Hire and train kerbonauts
- Research and Development : Discover and Improve Parts (from a tech tree)
- Part recovery
- Mission Control Room : Create flight plans and take on missions and challenges
- Observatory : Discover new celestial bodies to visit
- Exploded View : A schematic visualization of the ship, allowing for greater control over ship functionality
- Tweakables : Context menu when rightclicking on a part
- Mining Parts
- Stack Extensions : Fairings and solid-booster fuel plugs
- Spacecraft Stats: Total Weight, Loaded Fuel (per Stage?)
- Saving Parts: The ability to save parts and reuse them in a different ship, like a lander. 
- More space station parts such as crew modules and solar panels
- Filter available parts in VAB and SPH
- Root part can now be exchanged and isn't restricted to command pods
Physics / Dynamics
- Wind / Turbulence conditions
- Damage effects
- New lighting system with better shadows
- Better Aerodynamics
- Maximum thrust depends on surrounding atmospheric pressure and have fuel flow fixed (reversed in 0.19.1)
Scenery / Graphics
- Map Filtering: By clicking on Filtering tabs you will be able view only a specific vessel type on the map
- Clouds (weather?)
- Static Particles (cloudlets)
- Long-duration smoke trails
- 3 gas planets, moons and an asteroid belt 
- Better scenery for space center scene
- Matching launchpad scenery in flight
- Cities and other geographic points of reference
- Space Center Facilities can be destroyed by crash-landing onto them, and fixing them will cost you.
- ? More and better sound effects
Game / Engine
- OSC Data Interface, for connectivity with external applications
- A more complete SDK and documentation (You can help by adding to the wiki!)
- Expansion Packs (Different from updates, will be purchased separately and include features distinct from the original game's main idea. Not confirmed)
The following features have been confirmed to not be in the game
- Steam achievements
- Weapons or military features
- Alien civilizations
| Mac Fixes
|Auto-resume interrupted downloads||In progress|
|Downloads through BitTorrent (long-term)||Planning|
|Load-balanced Repair Packages||Feasibility Analysis|
- “Flags Continued” blog entry by HarvestR.
- “Update on the 0.20 Update” blog entry by HarvestR.
- “Kerbal Seats” blog entry by HarvestR.
- Saving an Assembly
- “Seats Pods and Other Parts” blog entry by HarvestR
- “Isp doesn't work right” in the forums
- “Map Filtering!” blog entry by HarvestR.
- [UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2
- What not to suggest