The features listed here are planned for future versions of Kerbal Space Program and may change during the course of development.
This list is not an official roadmap for the game. It is maintained by the community, and has no direct relation to what may or may not be included in the final product. Already implemented features can be found in the Version History.
This section lists all planned features for future releases. Entries highlighted in Blue are planned for the next update (soon). Please note that these features in blue may be pushed back. Entries in Yellow have been partially implemented.
Please note that these features are not a commitment, and the dev team is not under any obligation to implement them all.
- Repairing: Ability to repair certain things
- Enhanced IVAs: Moving and interacting inside of the craft
- Crew tasks: Have the crew take charge of controlling the craft (provided they can handle it)
- More prebuilt crafts, for tutorials or as examples
- Mission control room: Create flight plans and take on missions and challenges
- Observatory: Discover new celestial bodies to visit
- Exploded view: A schematic visualization of the craft, allowing for greater control over the craft's functionality
- Tweakables: Context menu when right-clicking on a part
- Mining parts: Used to gather resources on other bodies
- Stack extensions: Fairings and solid-booster fuel plugs
- Spacecraft stats: Total weight, loaded resources (per stage?)
- Asteroids
- 3 gas planets (Jool being the only currently available), moons and an asteroid belt 
Physics & Dynamics
- Wind & turbulence conditions
- Damage effects
- New lighting system with better shadows
- Better aerodynamics
- Re-entry heat or damage 
- Fixed fuel flow and changing maximum thrust depending on surrounding atmospheric pressure (at the moment the fuel flow is changing and the maximum thrust available is fixed)
Scenery & Graphics
- Clouds (weather?)
- Static particles (cloudlets)
- Long-duration smoke trails
- Procedurally generated craters (Mun in 0.21)
- Cities and other geographic points of reference
- Space center facilities can be destroyed by crash-landing onto them, and fixing them will cost money
- Science Archive which keeps track of scientific recoveries
- Orbital science lab 
- Transmission logic which makes antennas no complete substitute for recovery 
- Experiment reset logic which isn't completely free anymore 
- Monetary system. This is assumed to be in planning since mission productivity can now be quantified, thanks to Kerbal perma-death and science points, in addition to the fact that all parts have a specific cost value.
- More and better sound effects
Game & Engine
- OSC data interface: Connectivity with external applications
- 64-bit support
- Email received from firstname.lastname@example.org 07/26/2013 states: "We haven't officially discussed anything concrete about multiplayer, everything posted on the forums are just user's opinions, speculation and gossip." While thread is marked "Official" response from customer support indicates information is incorrect. Multiplayer has been stated in the past as "after release" which is too far away to declare this feature dead. Squad has however mentioned multiplayer as a possible option for a future DLC.
- KMP, or Kerbal Multiplayer, is a multiplayer system that is a WIP. Even though it is in it's experimental pre-alpha stage, the mod is available to the public. 
- 3D Mouse Support
- Squad is working with 3Dconnexion to introduce this feature to KSP.
- A more complete SDK and documentation (you can help by adding to the wiki!)
- Expansion packs/DLCs (different from updates, will be purchased separately and include features distinct from the original game's main idea)
- A mod, known as Krag's Planet Factory recently made an expansion pack that contains new planets, mostly targeting more advanced players.
The following features have been confirmed to not be in the official game (although may be found in mods):
- Steam achievements
- Autopilot Systems
- Weapons or military features
- Alien civilizations
- Terraforming
- Realistically sized celestial bodies 
- Conversion to a different game engine.
| Mac Fixes
|Auto-resume interrupted downloads||In progress|
|Downloads through BitTorrent (long-term)||Planning|
|Load-balanced Repair Packages||Feasibility Analysis|
- “0.23 Update News” by HarvesteR
- [UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2
- Post in the forum by NovaSilisko
- "What not to suggest?"
- “Isp doesn't work right” in the forums (Answer by C7)
- Answer by C7 on HOCgaming's video “Kerbal Polar Expedition - Day 4 - Part 3 (Charity Water Campaign)”
- Procedural Craters dev blog post by "HarvesteR"
- C7's mention of 64-bit support
- Tumblr post regarding DLC
- Expansions blog post
- Q&A during 0.21 early access livestream with Yargnit and Ted