TR-18A Stack Decoupler
|TR-18A Stack Decoupler|
| Decoupler by |
O.M.B. Demolition Enterprises
|Max. Temp.||2000 K|
|Impact Tolerance||9 m/s|
|Ejection momentum||2500 Ns|
|On the surface||✓ Yes|
|On the ocean||✓ Yes|
|In atmosphere||✓ Yes|
|In space||✓ Yes|
|Test by staging||✓ Yes|
|Manually testable||× No|
The TR-18A Stack Decoupler is a Decoupler that allows for staging rockets vertically and in sequence. It is also the only decoupler in the demo version of the game.
The TR-18A adds a stage to the rocket and when activated will jettison anything attached to it. Unlike the TR-18D, the TR-18A remains attached to one side of the rocket - the side facing away from the arrow on the decoupler.
|“||The TR-18A Stack Decoupler is equipped with a (hopefully) small explosive charge, that will sever the structural linkage between itself and whatever it's connected to. Painted on its sides are handy arrows indicating which side will detach.||”|
- New model and texture
- (undocumented) Stack Decouplers no longer cross-feed fuel by default.
- Decouplers now obey the second law of physics (Acceleration = Force/Mass)
- (unimplemented) Increased the ejection force of Decouplers and Radial Decouplers (too underpowered after the physics fix).
- (undocumented) Decouplers can now cross-feed fuel.
- Stage decouplers can now share fuel across stages.
- Fixed a bug where creating a new stage with a decoupler and then removing it would generate errors.
- Initial Release