We've moved! We're now on the official Squad servers.
This article is a list of tutorials that will guide you through the finer points of the Kerbal Space Program.
Please note that these articles are user-created, and each user is responsible for their tutorial.
For a high-level overview of the basic game mechanics, you can read this Game Manual by thecoshman.
A less detailed "cheat sheet" type reference is available as Basic Maneuvers.
Rocket And Probe Design
- Basic Rocket Design by Senshi
- Basic Probe And Satellite Building By Nova Storm
- Intermediate Rocket Design
- Advanced Rocket Design by Vincent McConnell and Kosmo-not
- Asparagus Staging a method to design very fuel-efficient rockets
- Basic Orbiting (Math) by Entroper
- Advanced Orbiting by Entroper
- Land at the Space Center by StelarCF
- Performing a gravity assist
Recreation of historical spaceflights
The high level of realism in Kerbal Space Program allows to recreate historical missions of human spaceflight history. These missions start simple and become gradually more complex, so they are a great way to learn KSP.
- Sputnik 1 - first satellite in orbit
- Vostok 1 - first human spaceflight
- Gemini 6A and 7 - first orbital docking and an EVA
- Luna 9 - First soft landing of a probe on the moon
- Apollo 11 - First human moon landing
- International Space Station - Series of missions for the current space station.
Planets and Moons
- Traveling to The Mun by craigmt1
- Free Return Trajectory to the Mun by PD (Credit to Rascal Nag (Forum Profile) for original forum tutorial)
- Making an asset from start to finish by Darrknox, completed by Killerhurtz
- Plugins - N3X15 (talk)
- Adding Airlocks and Ladders to Parts
- Editing MBM Textures
These tutorials aren't completely finished yet. You can help to complete them.
- Basic Orbiting by Entroper
- Getting&Making Orbit
- Docking Part 1 Docking Part 2
- Tips & Tricks & Hints Part 1
- Tips & Tricks & Hints Part 2 (Getting orbit)
- Action Groups Tutorial
- Changing the Primary Command/Pod Module's Tutorial
- Getting the Perfect Orbit Everytime
- Easy guide to Orbiting, updated for v0.11also works for v0.12
- Build and Fly A Rocket Into Orbit (Narrated)
- Orbit Made Easy
- Moon Landing
- Beginners Guide on How To Get To The Mun in Kerbal Space Program
- How to Get into a Solar Orbit
Creating New Tutorials
To create your own tutorial, start with Tutorial:Template.
Note to tutorial writers: These are supposed to be tutorials. Think "Orbits for Dummies." If you're going to explain intricate details (including math!), consider marking your tutorial "Advanced".