Difference between revisions of "Biome"
(Confirmed that polar biomes on the Mun are the same north and south. Added the Midland Craters biome to the list.)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
* Ice Caps ''(North/South Polar Caps are
* Ice Caps ''(North/South Polar Caps are )''
Revision as of 18:59, 19 October 2013
A biome is geographically contiguous area on the surface of a celestial body. They yield different experimental data (and flavor text). Currently[outdated], only Kerbin and Mün have biomes. Taking data at different altitudes (including 'on the ground', i.e. surface samples) over different biomes reveals different Science!
- Launch Pad
- Ice Caps (North/South Polar Caps are the same biome)
- Water (Oceans) (Rivers and lakes are not separate biomes)
- Highland Craters
- Midland Craters
- Polar Lowlands (North/South Polar Lowlands are the same biome)
- Poles (North/South Poles are the same biome)
- Farside Crater
- East Farside Crater
- Northwest Crater
- Northern Basin
- East Crater
- Southwest Crater
- Twin Craters
- Canyons (Extend off of the major craters.)