- 1 Wiki
- 2 Technical
- 3 Gameplay related
- 3.1 Is there a list of key bindings?
- 3.2 Is it possible to orbit the planet?
- 3.3 Is it possible to land on the moons of the planet?
- 3.4 Can I change the order of the stages?
- 3.5 Why do parts of my rocket fall when I launch it?
- 3.6 Save and launch buttons don't work
- 3.7 Can I toggle the S.A.S Module?
- 3.8 What's the difference between S.A.S and Advanced S.A.S?
- 3.9 How do I use the R.C.S?
- 3.10 Can I take screenshots of the game?
- 3.11 Can I toggle the UI?
- 4 Development Related
Why is this not on kerbalspaceprogram.com?
This wiki was originally created before N3X15 was hired into Squad as a place to put user documentation while the old wiki was being cleaned up. Since then, Squad hasn't found the time to add a proper kerbalspaceprogram.com subdomain. When the time comes, a redirect will be set up to notify both users and search engines of the new location.
Why is the old wiki still up?
Again, Squad hasn't found the time to clean up and update the old wiki.
The old wiki will be shut on 10/22/2012 when the new server comes online. A redirect will be in place to send users here until we find the time to determine whether to keep this wiki up, or move it elsewhere. -- N3X15 (C · T · E) 06:42, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
Why is my page edit being blocked?
In order to curb spam, the Kerbal Space Program wiki has a spam blacklisting system. If a page edit has any blacklisted terms, you will be unable to post that edit.
What are the recommended system specifications?
Please see the page System Specs
If you get a problem like "Corrupted archive", this means something went wrong with your download. Try the following:
- Disable all download managers. These programs are notorious for messing up downloads.
- Clear your browser's cache or temporary files.
- Try another browser.
You can verify your downloads by comparing the checksums. Usually downloading again works if these options fail.
Can't load spacecraft
- Updates can and will break .craft-Files. Make sure that you use the same version as the person who sent you the file!
- Make sure that you have all addons installed that are needed for the craft. You can get them in the forums or on Kerbal Space Repository
- Make sure your KSP installation hasn't be damaged by applying addons. Try reinstalling KSP if nothing else helps.
- TIP: Always backup (Copy and move to a new folder) your ships and save files to prevent loss
Is there a list of key bindings?
Yes. Please see Key Bindings.
Is it possible to orbit the planet?
Yes, it is possible. See our Tutorials for more info.
Is it possible to land on the moons of the planet?
Yes, it is possible. See our Tutorials for more info.
Can I change the order of the stages?
Yes, just drag the stage or the part where you want.
Why do parts of my rocket fall when I launch it?
Check the stats of the parts, you can't attach more then a specific weight on each part.
- TIP: Connect parts together with EAS-4 Strut Connector to help them from disconnecting
Check if your folder structure is intact. 0.8.5 has the following folders in the root folder:
KSP_Data Parts Ships sounds
You can now use the KSP Patcher to repair your game if it's not working properly.
Can I toggle the S.A.S Module?
Yes, you have two options...
- Press 'T' to toggle/switch S.A.S. on or off
- Press 'F' for momentary correction/stabilization (activates only for as long as you hold the 'F' key down)
PLEASE NOTE: Information correct and tested on Kerbal Space Program v0.15.2 **
What's the difference between S.A.S and Advanced S.A.S?
S.A.S. is reaction wheel based rotation control system, that applies torque to the ship (multiple S.A.S. Modules' effects stack). Advanced S.A.S. (A.S.A.S.) is navigational computer that does not apply any forces itself, but uses other ship control systems (aerodynamic control surfaces, R.C.S., and gimbaling engines) to maintain the ship's attitude. Only 1 A.S.A.S. module per ship is effective, its performance depends on amount and positioning of the control surfaces and R.C.S.
How do I use the R.C.S?
See RCS for the basics.
- TIP: On smaller orbital modules R.C.S. can be used instead of liquid engines (don't forget to take enough R.C.S. fuel!) Normally RCS is only used for orbital and landing procedures and to correct heading, not during take off or while in the Kerbin Atmosphere.
Can I take screenshots of the game?
Yes! With the function key F1 you'll take a screenshot of the current scene. The screenshots will be saved in a folder called "Screenshots" that is located in your root folder of KSP.
- TIP: Toggle the UI to take cinematic style pictures!
Can I toggle the UI?
Yes! With the function key F2 you'll be able to disable, and re-enable, the user interface.
What are Experimental Releases?
Experimental releases are versions of the game occasionally uploaded by the dev team, to test the latest build of the game. These versions are often buggy, and their main purpose is to allow interested players to test it and look for bugs. Experimental versions are marked by an X on it's version number, plus another counter to identify the experimental version (i.e., 0.9.0x4, would be the 4th experimental release for the 0.9.0 version).
What happened to the Experimental Release on the Download Page?
A link to the latest experimental release is added to the main download page, whenever an experimental is available. When testing and bug-fixing is complete, the latest experimental is uploaded again as the official update, and the experimental build is removed from the downloads.
I think I've found a bug!
In a piece of software so early in development as KSP, it's very likely there will be bugs in the program. If you've found something that can potentially be a bug, you can report it to the dev team on the development forums. To make your report easier to identify as a bug, plase follow the [Guidelines to Bug Reporting], and please check to see if there aren't other posts about the same issue already.