Gas planet 2
|Gas planet 2|
|Orbit||Outside of Jool|
|Equatorial radius||Estimated 9000 km|
The gas planet 2 (abbreviated GP2) is a proposed planet outside the orbit of Jool. It is planned to make the current dwarf planet Eeloo the innermost of four major moons. Like its current sister planet, Jool, it is planned to have "At least 20" smaller moons orbiting it. This gas planet will most likely be the Kerbal counterpart of Saturn. Currently, the planet Sentar from Krag's Planet Factory Mod acts as a community constructed GP2. It is blue, has rings, and several moons.
Gas planet 2 (no official name given as of yet) is a potential planet to be located outside Jool's orbit. It might have rings, as it's real life counterpart, Saturn, has them. In the prototype picture it shows that the planet has a blue hue.
- Eeloo: Planned to orbit the new planet, NovaSilisko has stated that there will be geysers on it. The prototype geysers have been shown to work "Quite well."
- Daphy: A very small asteroid covered in "Fluff". It may or may not be in the rings themselves.
- Potatus: Another small moon. It will have a high inclination relative to GP2. NovaSilisko has claimed that it will rotate extremely fast, stretching it into an oblate spheroid.
- Fonso: Will be about 300KM across, and will be the second moon to hold an atmosphere, which will be two atmospheres dense. The extremely mountainous surface will have peaks that stretch into the vacuum.
- The original version of the mod "Krag's Planet Factory" by Kragathea includes a gas giant planet called Sentar that mimics the characteristics intended for Gas Planet 2, including among other things both a parallel for the planned moon Fonso that goes by the name Skelton and a parallel for the planned moon Potatus that goes by the name of Inaccessible, although Inaccessible does not orbit Sentar.
- Post in the forum by NovaSilisko