Gas planet 2
|Gas planet 2|
|Orbit||Outside of Jool|
|Equatorial radius||Estimated 9000 km|
NOTICE: This planet probably never will be implemented in the game, as no comment has been made on the planet since NovaSilisko left Squad.
The gas planet 2 (abbreviated GP2) is a proposed planet outside the orbit of Jool. It is planned to make the current dwarf planet Eeloo the innermost of four major moons. Like its current sister planet, Jool, it is planned to have "At least 20" smaller moons orbiting it. This gas planet will most likely be the Kerbal counterpart of Saturn.
Gas planet 2 (no official name given as of yet) is a potential planet to be located outside Jool's orbit. It might have rings, as it's real life counterpart, Saturn, has them. In the prototype picture it shows that the planet has a blue hue.
Currently only the names of the four major moons are known. It is assumed that the list given is from the innermost to the outermost moon:
- Eeloo: Planned to be moved to orbit the new planet.
- Daphy: A very small asteroid covered in "Fluff".
- Potatus: Another small moon. It will have a high inclination relative to GP2.
- Fonso: Will be about 300KM across, and will be the second moon to hold an atmosphere, which will be two atmospheres dense. The extremely mountainous surface will have peaks that stretch into the vacuum.
- The mod Krag's Planet Factory includes a gas giant planet called Sentar, which mimics the characteristics intended for Gas Planet 2 including, among other things, both a parallel for the planned moon Fonso and a parallel for the planned moon Potatus. The mod is no longer available.
- There are other mods: 1. Kerbol Origins implement the exact characteristics of this Gas Planet and it's Moons into the game. 2. Outer Planets Mod which adds this planet, it's rings and moves Eeloo to it's orbit although the rest of GP2's moons aren't included.
- Post in the forum by NovaSilisko