Kerbol (공식적으로는 태양, 또는 별) Kerbol System (Translation needed) 의 중심에 있는 별입니다. 이 별을 중심으로 다섯 행성과 두 왜행성이 주변을 돌고 있습니다.
표면 바로 위 궤도의 속도는 66.945km/s로 409.214분의 궤도 주기를 제공합니다.
|시간 배속||최저 고도|
|5×||3 270 000 미터|
|10×||3 270 000 미터|
|50×||6 540 000 미터|
|100×||13 080 000 미터|
|1 000×||26 160 000 미터|
|10 000×||52 320 000 미터|
|100 000×||65 400 000 미터|
All Kerbol orbits are in an inertial reference frame. In the old demo, getting close enough to experience the lower maximum time warps results Deep Space Kraken attacks.
- 버전 0.7에서 0.10.1때 까지는 스카이박스의 빛나는 점이였다.
- 0.12에서 Kerbol는 중력을 얻었다.
- It is still safe to drop below the 'surface' in 0.13.3, but a ship can break up from the extreme gravity gradients and/or shot outwards at large fractions of c.
- 0.14 이후, 접촉은 우주선을 파괴하고 모든 승무원을 죽이는 충돌이 발생합니다.
- The current “surface” of Kerbol is an invisible, and likely, featureless plateau approximately 4500-4700 km above the nominal radius. There is no known way to land on it, as the Kraken makes all maneuvering difficult, and the gravity reduces the TWR of all engines below 1. One can attempt to place edited parts on the surface, but they bounce erratically at a few hundred to a few thousand m/s if they do not explode.
- While Kerbol can be reached from Kerbin's orbit by using a Hohmann transfer orbit, a spacecraft doing so will require a ΔV of about 8 km/s to do so. The most efficient way to reach Kerbol from Kerbin's orbit is to use a bi-elliptic transfer. With a sufficiently-distant apoapsis, the required ΔV to sundive can be reduced to under 4 km/s, at the expense of drastically-increased flight time.
- The name “Kerbol” was created by forum members and never appears in the game. Officially, the star is simply referred to as “the Sun”, though the lead developer did mention that the name could change once the need to differentiate it from other stars arises.
- Kerbol's Sphere of Influence is infinite, which makes it impossible to escape its orbit and achieve gravitation-free flight.
- Once the sun apoapsis reaches a certain point, it will always say it takes 68 years to reach. This is because times in Kerbal Space Program are limited to 232-1 seconds as a consequence of how numbers are handled.
Up close it becomes evident that the glow is ennagonal.
- Art pass.
- Actual model added, new sprite/flare effect, size changed.
- Added solid surface (featureless invisible plateau ~4500-4700 km above nominal radius).
- Added Gravity, nominal radius of 65,400 km.
- Made it possible to reach Kerbol.
- Initial Release.