在轨道地图的默认模式下，飞船的任何控制命令都是无效的（只有少数几个可以起作用，比如 “X” 键关闭发动机推力）。如果希望在轨道地图下对飞船进行操控，点击下方的灰色箭头弹出导航球。这样你就可以和正常模式一样调节推力和飞行方向了。
While the map view is useful for viewing your current orbital projection, its real power is in the "maneuver" system. This allows you to plan orbits and burns in advance, and make sure you end up exactly where you want to be. The maneuver system is extremely valuable for docking events.
How To Plan a Maneuver
If you mouse over your current orbital trajectory a small transparent blue icon will appear. Left click to bring up a menu and click on "Add Maneuver". Now you can drag six icons to see what will happen if you were to burn in that direction. If the manuever is in the wrong place you can delete it by, right clicking in the center and then clicking on the little red "x" that pops up.
The maneuver will show up next to the Navball along with remaining time until the burn, and total remaining delta v. You can plan multiple maneuvers that chain off eachother. There are many different orbital maneuvers one can try.
Altering the PATCHED_CONIC_DRAW_MODE setting in the settings.cfg will change the way trajectories are shown in the Map View
- 0 - Local to Body: Patches are drawn in relation to the current position of each orbiting body.
- 1 - Local at SOI Entry UT: Patches are drawn in relation to the body, but at the time of SOI entry.
- 2 - Local at SOI Exit UT: Same as 1 but at the time of leaving the SOI.
- 3 - Relative(continuous line mode) (default): Patches are drawn in relation to the current body being orbited.
- 4 - Dynamic: An experimental mode blending trajectory lines relative to the local and parent body
Further explanation of the Draw Modes can be found in this video