Difference between revisions of "Moho"
m (→Atmosphere: Added observed atmosphere edge)
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 00:38, 26 September 2012
Moho is the innermost planet of the Kerbol star system. Due to its close proximity to Kerbol the thin atmosphere's temperature is debilitatingly high; rockets overheat easily and landing requires a high thrust-to-weight ratio and/or heat-resistant rocket designs.
- Equatorial Radius: 250 km
- Mass: 3.675e21 kg
- Density: 56.1454 g/cm³
- Surface Gravity: 3.92 m/s²
- Gravitational parameter: ... km³/s²
- Escape velocity from surface: 1401 m/s
- Solar Day: ... hours, or ... hours, ... seconds.
- Inclination: 7°
- Velocity: 12,185.9 - 18,278.8 m/s
- Sphere of influence: 24,995 km
The surface is very mountainous, with surprisingly few craters. The crust almost looks fractured. Up close it is much redder than in the map view and has many white dots.
Moho has a very thin, very hot atmosphere that poses a heat threat to most or all rocket motors. It extends to ~28 km altitude.
Moho has no natural satellites.
|Rotational/Inertial transition||? m|