RE-I2 "Skiff" Liquid Fuel Engine
From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
|Available only with the Making History Expansion installed.|
|RE-I2 "Skiff" Liquid Fuel Engine|
| Liquid fuel engine by |
|Max. Temp.||2000 K|
|Impact Tolerance||7 m/s|
|Unlock cost||9 200|
|Part configuration|| LiquidEngineRE-I2.cfg|
|Maximum thrust||(1 atm)||240.91 kN|
|Isp||(1 atm)||265 s|
|Fuel consumption|| 18.54 /s
|Thrust vectoring||2 °|
|“|| The Skiff is well suited for local planet hopping. High vacuum efficiency for this powerful upper stage drive will get you further.
— Rockomax Conglomerate
As of version 1.4.1 this engine has two models that can be switched in the editor.
- Despite being claimed to have high vacuum efficiency, the records are actually false when you compare this with the Wolfhound, which is far more efficient, and [that the 2 engines’ stats are actually swapped, especially if you factor in their real-world counterparts].
The RE-I2 was inspired by the American J-2 engine.
- Increased unlock cost from 4500 to 9200
- Increased cost from 1500 to 2300
- Increased mass from 1 to 1.6
- Increased crash tolerance from 6 to 7
- Added ModuleTestSubject
- Initial Release