TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler
The TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler is a unique module that allows for a single rocket to branch into 3 separate stacks. Note that Liquid Fuel flows through couplers as of the latest update.
The TVR-1180C is a Coupler, but not a Decoupler, meaning that it does not jettison anything nor does it add a stage to the rocket. It branches into 3 separate stacks, but they are unsupported and prone to bending or breaking if the weight and thrust are not properly distributed. Rockets incorporating a tri-coupler are also likely to wobble. The tricoupler is also subtly asymmetrical, so rockets must have control options to correct for induced pitch, yaw, and/or roll.
|“|| The Stack Tricoupler! If your stack is lacking in awesomeness, this is the tool for you! Just remember that this is not a decoupler, and won't separate stages.
— O.M.B. Demolition Enterprises
see also: Version History
- Mass reduced from 0.8 to 0.3 (part rebalancing)
- (Undocumented part of fuel flow changes) added NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom (keeps fuel from flowing FROM the bottom nodes to prevent stack imbalances and such)
- Replaced tricoupler textures and UV mapping (UV map by Dippeggs)
- Fuel can now flow through Strut parts like the tricoupler
- (Bug fix) VAB placement bug with tricouplers and fuel tanks (and decouplers)
- Initial Release