TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler
The TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler is an Adapter that allows for a single rocket to branch into 3 separate stacks.
All Nodes on the TVR-1180C are designed for attaching parts with a diameter of 1 meter. As with all adapters, Liquid Fuel will flow through it. Despite the similar name, the TVR-1180C is not a Decoupler; it does not jettison anything nor does it add a stage to the rocket. It branches into 3 separate stacks, but they are unsupported and prone to bending or breaking if the weight and thrust are not properly distributed. Rockets incorporating a tri-coupler are also likely to wobble, unless the stacks are opportunely bound together with struts. The tricoupler is also subtly asymmetrical, so rockets must have control options to correct for induced pitch, yaw, and/or roll.
|“|| The Stack Tricoupler! If your stack is lacking in awesomeness, this is the tool for you! Just remember that this is not a decoupler, and won't separate stages.
— O.M.B. Demolition Enterprises
- Mass reduced from 0.8 to 0.3 (part rebalancing)
- (Undocumented part of fuel flow changes) added NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom (keeps fuel from flowing FROM the bottom nodes to prevent stack imbalances and such)
- Replaced tricoupler textures and UV mapping (UV map by Dippeggs)
- Fuel can now flow through Strut parts like the tricoupler
- (Bug fix) VAB placement bug with tricouplers and fuel tanks (and decouplers)
- Initial Release