|Threads older than 31 days may be archived by.|
Extra Colour(s) for Expansions/Mission Packs/Small DLC
As I write this, "Asteroids" under Celestial Bodies is marked Blue with "Citation Needed". Since I'm not entirely sure if outside sources such as Polyon can count as official Citation here, despite that the linked article's supposed to represent very closely what SQUAD shared with them, I won't add that citation. But it raises a question: If the article is correct, then the Asteroid in question may not be what we expect. It could be something as "simple" as a large body that's running on vessel physics as opposed to Celestial Body physics and only appears in a Scenario, such as the simple ones SQUAD made long ago to help teach basic controls.
Since in that case we can't really call it a new "Feature" since it's not part of the game's mechanics or even the main Campaign, it should probably be marked as something other than an upcoming "feature". In fact, as we probably will start seeing new things SQUAD plans that is more in line with extra missions or even official "mods" in the sense that they don't change the core game, just offer and optional extra feature or two, perhaps part packs, then if those have any place on this page at all, they should be marked different from the rest of the features, to let players know what will be optional, or in need of extra action on their end (DLC and Expansion Packs don't just appear after every update).
If these aren't pointed out, unless the wiki viewer keeps an eye on KSP news, he/she may be mislead by the presence here. (Not to mention, if the Asteroid mentioned her WILL just be a Scenario, we could remove the mention of Asteroids planned for the main campaign scale, on account that there technically is already one asteroid in the game, despite its function possibly being very different from an open campaign asteroid (field). (Forgot the Signature, sorry mods) --Ictiv (talk) 08:24, 29 January 2014 (CST)
- Now without adding any colors, Ringotuna removed that color and I added that remark that there is something happening but we don't know what exactly. As you said, in theory you could add a vessel which looks like an asteroid (I think there is or was a mod). But on they could also work on adding n-body (apparently it isn't that load heavy) were the bodies aren't on rails anymore. Then you could add something like Kerbal Attachment System and tug it somewhere.
- I don't know how this addon is treated. It could be a mod from NASA, like that KerbalEdu mod, or it could be some kind of DLC. If Squad at some time announces a DLC or expansion/mission pack we could add a different color. I also merged some references. — xZise [talk] 05:24, 30 January 2014 (CST)
Suggestions (If I'm allowed to put things here)
If regular users are allowed to comment here, I have a couple suggestions for future KSP updates.
- Implementation of the Life Support mod
- More Kerbal traits, mainly personality, witch would effect their behavior under certain conditions.
- Differences in Kerbal appearance, such as hair color and length.
- This one may be a bit out there, but possibly interiors for the buildings during a launch, or maybe just Kerbals being able to enter a building, witch would have the same effect as hitting "Recover Vessel" on a Kerbal in EVA.
- Outdoor activity on/around the KSC visible during a launch/flight, such as vehicles taking things such as parts from the VAB to the SPH. Or Kerbal scientists walking about the R&D Facility, or Kerbals lounging in front of the Astronaut Complex.— Preceding unsigned comment added by WolfGuy (talk • contribs) 22:34, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- While nobody will remove it here because it's not verifiable, I don't think this will change anything. But who knows. Btw sign your posts with --~~~~. — xZise [talk] 19:15, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- Any suggestions of that nature need to be posted on KSP forum, not here. Sky (talk) 12:52, 6 October 2014 (CDT)
- That you have to ask the developers, but we got sources for both statements (and then from the same person so not a case of “dev a says this” and “dev b says that”). But for example, what if Maxmaps was talking about mining, selling and converting when he was talking about resource systems (like how Kethane works) and not just “add a resource which is magically added to your craft”. And one part of life support resources is already implemented as electricity. Also both statements are kind of vague: He didn't say they will never ever add resources, just that they haven't found the right way yet and not actively searching for it. And adding life support sounds like it's being added in the far future when their position about resources might have changed. — xZise [talk] 03:47, 28 September 2014 (CDT)
0.90.0 / Beta
- But as he said it's community driven. And while some misinterpret this page, it's also used to list features for the next version. I vote against discarding everything now, because we can't be sure what Squad is actually doing. Especially for everything where there is a more or less recent citation. — xZise [talk] 19:31, 15 October 2014 (CDT)
Newest Blog Post
Ok so the most recent blog post talked about aerodynamcs overhaul and deep space refuelling, should we add that? — Bashir 203
- agreed i also read the blog post just add citation - joshwoo69