Xbox one / PS4
Along side the PC version, Kerbal Space Program is also available for purchase on the consoles for the Xbox One and Playstation 4. The game can be bought from the Xbox or PS4 store for $39.99 USD, the same cost as the PC version.
KSP was released for Playstation 4 on July 12, 2016.
Three days later on July 15 KSP was released on the Xbox One as well.
Both the Xbox and PS4 versions of KSP have some limitations:
- Both console versions are equivalent to KSP version 1.1 on the PC.
- The maximum part count in the VAB and SPH is 300 parts, probably because any craft that has more than 300 parts would cause unbearable lag on the consoles.
- There are no mods in the console versions, but this is the same with many other games on the consoles that were ported over from PC.
- Similarly to the absence of mods, there are no downloadable craft files or world files in the console versions.
- KSP on the consoles is slightly more buggy than the PC version, sometimes whole world files can be corrupted and deleted.
- There was going to be a Wii U version of KSP, but in January 2017 Squad announced that it won't be released for unknown reasons.
- Flying Tiger Entertainment, the company that ported KSP to the consoles, refuses to update KSP any further, hence the consoles being stuck version 1.1. However Squad is now working with Blitworks to update the console versions and keep them up to date with the game's PC counterpart.