Xbox one / PS4
Along side the PC version, Kerbal Space Program is also available for purchase on the consoles for the Xbox One and Playstation 4. (As of January 2018, the game has been taken off both stores because of how buggy they are).
KSP was released for Playstation 4 on July 12, 2016.
Three days later on July 15 KSP was released on the Xbox One as well.
There was going to be a Wii U version of KSP, but in January 2017 Squad announced that it won't be released for unknown reasons. This maybe because the Wii U is now obsolete because of the new Nintendo Switch, but nothing has been said about KSP being ported over to the Switch.
Both the Xbox and PS4 versions of KSP have some limitations:
- Both console versions are equivalent to KSP version 1.1 on the PC.
- The maximum part count in the VAB and SPH is 300 parts, probably because any craft that has more than 300 parts would cause unbearable lag on the consoles.
- There are no mods in the console versions, but this is the same with many other games on the consoles that were ported over from PC.
- Similarly to the absence of mods, there are no downloadable craft files or world files in the console versions.
- KSP on the consoles is slightly more buggy than the PC version, sometimes whole world files can be corrupted and deleted.
KSP Enhanced Edition
In December 2017, it was announced that a new port of KSP would released on the consoles and be called "KSP Enhanced Edition". The new port will be realized released on January 16, 2018 and be equivalent to KSP 1.22. There are a few things to note however:
- The Enhanced Edition is being ported over by Blitworks, as Fly Tiger Entertainment, the original company responsible for porting game, dropped the ball for unknown reasons.
- The new port is being built from scratch, none of the elements or code from the previous version will be used.
- Because of this, no older save data will be able to be brought over to the new version.
- The game will appear on the Xbox and PS4 stores as a seperate game.
- People who have bought the original version will get the new one for free.