From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
A node might be:
- An attachment node, where parts can snap together.
- A ConfigNode, or the ConfigNode system, which is Kerbal Space Program's way of storing information about parts, modules, saved games, etc. in user-accessible ways.
- A maneuver node, which is a planned maneuver along an orbit.
- The Not-Rockomax Micronode, which is a structural part.
- The orbital nodes, which are the positions at which the orbit crosses the equator.
- A node in the technology tree.