Setting up SharpDevelop
Installing the IDE
Visit the download page here and grab the most recent version. As of this writing, SharpDevelop 4.3 (Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0) is available.
Home page: http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sd/ Download Page: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Download/ Install as needed.
Configuring the IDE
- After launching, click File> Close> File (CTRL-F4) to start with a completely empty work space.
- Click File> New> Solution.
- Select C# on the left, then Class Library.
- Provide a name for your project (MyKSPProject for example)
- Enter a Solution Name (MyKSPSolution for example)
- Change or remember where your project is being written to. This should NOT be the KSP directory. Click Create.
- Right-Click on the MyKSPProject next to the + in the Projects pane. Select "Add Reference"
- Click on the ".NET Assembly Browser" tab, then click the Browse button.
- Browse to your KSP Installation directory, and browse deeper into the KSP_DATA\Managed directory
- select Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.DLL
- copy and paste what is between the square brackets into the "File name" section: [ "Assembly-CSharp.dll" "UnityEngine.dll" ]
- Click OPEN
- Click OK
- Continue to creating your first module!