Wiki TODO list
I figure it would help out if their was a central location for things that need to be done. To help best explain what I have in mind for this list, I figure I could just start it off. In terms of using it, if you just add an idea to the list and give a quick explanation of what you think it should be, then some one else can provide some feed back on it. If the idea get's some momentum, we can add it to the wiki, or perhaps move the discussion into it's own section on this talk page. Don't forget to sign your posts with four ~ in a row. Thecoshman (talk) 10:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- A page for part categories should be added. There is currently rather good documentation for each of the parts, but a lot of what they cover is duplicated. For instance, each of the liquid fuel tanks behave in more or less the same way, the only difference is the relative sizes and stat's. I think the individual pages, whilst small, should be kept as they can keep the more characterful description of the parts and details such as changes between versions. I envision a page that will provide a description of how to use the type of part along with (most importantly) a table that can be used to compare them, so you can sort of the thrust a rocket engine provides. or the dry weight of liquid fuel pods. Thecoshman (talk) 10:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- Consistent imagery. Again, whilst the work so far has been awesome for the individual parts, some sort of guide line should be put in place for the part images. Some of the images have the part on its own in what appears to be some sort of model viewer, and I think this is the best solution. Having the image for the part on a vehicle can make it hard to see what the part actually is. We might also want to consider some sort of guidelines as to the minimum size the image should be. Thecoshman (talk) 10:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- A guidelines page. As you can see, I might have a bit of a thing for guidelines, but it can really help improve the quality of the wiki. I would also stress that I am saying guidelines and not rules, there is no need to be really strict, it's all a bit of fun at the end of the day. Thecoshman (talk) 10:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
Where's the image?
- Personally I thought the logo was way too big and served no purpose other than pushing everything else down the page. I think it would be appropriate to keep it somewhere on the page (maybe centered above the planets?), albeit much smaller.--Craigmt1 (talk) 18:58, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
- I'm considering placing it where the Main Page title currently is. Unfortunately, the background is gray and it'd look wrong, so I'm looking for one with a white background. -- N3X15 (talk) 19:43, 26 September 2012 (UTC)