I removed most of the table while attempting to add the "Research Required" column. I did this because i was using an image to make the changes, but i found differences between the table and the tech tree image, so hopefully someone could re-add the rest of the table according to the actual tech tree, and maybe finish my column while doing it, otherwise i'll come in and finish what i started.
Toa Aerrow ~ Toa of Nature (talk) 14:36, 18 October 2013 (UTC+08:00)
Table looked mostly correct. Note that 0.22 is now out, additions and corrections should be based off the ingame tech tree, and not the prerelease image that was floating about. Specific corrections are of course welcome. The research required column has been readded with placeholders where appropriate. --MaulingMonkey (talk) 02:03, 18 October 2013 (CDT)
Tech tree node articles
Hi, recently Start (Tech Tree Node) was created and I'm wondering if we need additional tech tree nodes. I would say that we don't need them, because everything to say about is already said in the table. Although the article about the first node is somewhat justified, as it has some special properties. Also I wouldn't add “(Tech Tree Node)” to all articles about the node, only if it is ambiguous. The name of the articles about the parts like LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor don't have a (Part) suffix (LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor (Part)).
Also if we add additional node pages change the category to Category:Tech tree nodes and add this page with the sorting value of a space, like Category:Ladders or similar? — xZise [talk] 11:46, 29 October 2013 (CDT)
- The problem with colon-prefixes is that they are not included in search unless the user goes to advanced search and adds them manually. When you want prefixes, you should rather use slash-prefixes (Tech tree/Basic Rocketry) --Crush (talk) 09:55, 30 October 2013 (CDT)
Another reason, why I think we don't need articles for the tech tree nodes is that I was thinking about designing a infobox for tech tree nodes prior to 0.22 (and prior to this article). But I didn't finished or published anything, because I noticed, everything I would add to the infobox (science requirement, required technologies, unlocking technologies and parts) would be everything what could be said about the tech tree node. And we have already enough articles which are basically only a infobox (most part articles in Category:Stubs, okay they also have a quote (not relevant for the performance of a rocket) and a version history). — xZise [talk] 05:05, 30 October 2013 (CDT)
- Okay I removed the suffixes of all tech tree node articles. I also add a little note on the Start node that the article is about the node and not the start of the wiki. I also renamed the category (like this article) to Category:Technology tree nodes. I've changed also the red-links in this article to italic text. — xZise [talk] 14:01, 12 November 2013 (CST)
- I consider tech tree node articles to be useful and believe that they should be more than just info-boxes. They allow to not just list the facts but also allow to write something about their practical relevance. For example what new gameplay features they unlock and what new designs they allow. --Crush (talk) 09:55, 30 October 2013 (CDT)
- About “I […] believe that they should be more than just info-boxes.[…]”, my intent was never to have only infobox articles but instead that I didn't know what there could be written which wouldn't be already in the infobox. So “I […] believe that they can be more than just info-boxes.[…]” would reflect my opinion correctly. I also noticed that you added some text to some nodes, and if there can be meaningful text found which is special about a node, it's fine with me then. — xZise [talk] 11:25, 30 October 2013 (CDT)
Extensive Technology Tree Picture placement.
I recently made a picture of the technology tree with the parts integrated. (imgur link)
But i don't know where to put it on the page. Do you have any suggestions or are there rules to follow?
- Hi Schraubedrin, welcome to the Kerbal Space Program wiki. The image you linked looks nice, but if it is added to any page on this wiki and it isn't just a link (like here) you need to upload it. But unfortunately the image is so large it wouldn't fit anywhere. So maybe somebody else has a good idea. For example we could simply ignore that problem or rotate it 90° that it's upright.
- There is Template:Panorama on the English Wikipedia so maybe that template could be imported into this wiki (so it won't work here currently).
- By the way sign your posts with the sign button in the bar above your edit box or with at least four "~". MediaWiki automatically replaces it. — xZise [talk] 12:47, 27 June 2014 (CDT)
1.0 tech tree update needed
(update requested by Desmond Kerman)