|Announcement||Kerbal Space Program: Beta Than Ever is Now Available|
|← 0.25 1.0 →|
Version 0.90.0 was released on December 15th of 2014 (a Monday). The update is known as "Beta Than Ever", referencing the fact that 0.90.0 is the first (and only) beta release.
- 1 New
- 1.1 Editor Overhaul (Gizmos)
- 1.2 Editor Overhaul (Parts List)
- 1.3 Editor Overhaul (General)
- 1.4 Upgradeable Space Center Facilities
- 1.5 Space Center (General)
- 1.6 Facility Interiors
- 1.7 Parts (Mk3 Spaceplane Set)
- 1.8 Parts (General)
- 1.9 Kerbals
- 1.10 SAS Overhaul
- 1.11 New Contracts (Fine Print Mod by Arsonide)
- 1.12 New Biomes
- 1.13 Misc
- 2 Bug Fixes and Tweaks
Editor Overhaul (Gizmos)
- Added offset and rotation gizmos to editors (2 and 3 keys)
- Added re-root tool to editors (4 key)
- Gizmo coordinate system can be toggled between absolute and local with the F key.
- Rotation and offset gizmos can also snap to angles and to a 3D grid.
- Gizmo snap can be toggled to constrain to an absolute grid or a local one depending on coordinate frame.
- Holding shift during placement or while gizmos are up will decrease angle snap interval to 5° (from 15°) and grid snap interval (for offset gizmo)
- WASDQE keys still work to rotate in 90° or 5° (⇧ Shift) increments, and are now more consistent with pitch, yaw and roll rotations.
Editor Overhaul (Parts List)
- Fully overhauled Parts List UI.
- Added Filters system to allow new methods to find parts, apart from the existing category tabs.
- Existing categories overhauled into 'By Function' Filter.
- Split Propulsion category into Engines and Fuel Tanks.
- Added part filters which list them based on the resources they contain/use, their manufacturers, the modules (functionalities) they implement or their corresponding tier on the technology tree.
- Custom filters and subcategories can be created and edited for user-made collections of parts.
- Parts list can be sorted by size, cost, mass and name (default)
- Subassemblies can be sorted and arranged into custom categories.
Editor Overhaul (General)
- The VAB and SPH are now based on a single scene.
- Editor Logic fully overhauled and rewritten using the very reliable KerbalFSM framework used for character animation and many other systems in the game.
- Most editor Keyboard inputs are now remappable.
- All Craft files can now be cross-loaded in the VAB and SPH.
- Crew assignment is now fully persistent during construction, including detached parts.
- Vastly improved placement logic for angle-snapped parts.
- Symmetry methods can be toggled between Radial (VAB) or Mirror (SPH) using the R Key
- Radial Symmetry coordinate frame can also be toggled with F key.
Upgradeable Space Center Facilities
- All KSC Facilities can now be upgraded through levels (currently 3 levels implemented for all facilities).
- Added new models for KSC facilities at each level.
- KSC Facilities now start at level 1 (in Career Mode), and can be upgraded to top level separately.
- Upgrading Facilities costs Funds, lots of Funds.
- Repair Cost of destroyed structures varies depending on facility level. (Higher-Level Facilities are more expensive to repair)
KSC Facility Upgrade Effects
- Vehicle Assembly Building / Spaceplane Hangar:
- Increase part count limit
- Unlock Basic and Custom Action groups
- Launchpad / Runway:
- Increase Mass Limit for launched vessels
- Increase Size Limit for launched vessels
- Tracking Station
- Unlock Patched Conics in Map View
- Unlock Unowned Object Tracking
- Astronaut Complex:
- Unlock EVAs off of Kerbin's surface.
- Increase Active Crew Limit
- Unlock Flag-Planting during EVA
- Administration Facility:
- Increase Active Strategy Limit
- Increase Strategy Commitment Limit
- Research and Development:
- Increase Max Science Cost Limit
- Unlock part-to-part Fuel Transfer
- Unlock EVA Surface Sample experiment (requires EVA on Astronaut Complex)
- Mission Control:
- Increase Max Active Contract Limit
- Unlock Flight Planning (Requires Patched Conics in Tracking Station)
Space Center (General)
- All KSC Facilities in all levels are destructible (except level 1 runway and level 1 launchpad, which are indestructible).
- Hold ^ Ctrl while Right-Clicking over KSC Facilities to display 'extra' options concerning upgrade levels.
- Expanded Context Menu for KSC Facilities, to allow upgrading and viewing the current (and next) level stats.
- Hovering over the Upgrade button on the Facility Context Menu will display stats for the next level.
- Space Center ground sections and Crawlerway change levels based on level of neighboring facilities.
- The Flag Pole in front of the Astronaut Complex will change levels based on the average level of all KSC Structures.
- Editor scenery now loads independently of the editor scene.
- Exterior Scenery (out-the-door view) loads based on current editor Facility (VAB or SPH)
- The KSC as seen from the editor facilities will change to reflect current level and destruction state of visible facilities outside.
- Interior Scenery loads based on current editor Facility and Facility Level.
- Added new 3D interior scenery for Level 1 and 2 Vehicle Assembly Building and Space Plane Hangar
- Added new 2D interior backdrops for Level 1 and 2 UT of the Astronaut Complex, archives tab in the Research and Development, Mission Control and Administration Facility
VAB interior (Level 1)
VAB interior (Level 2)
SPH interior (Level 1)
SPH interior (Level 2)
Astronaut Complex UI (Level 1)
Astronaut Complex UI (Level 2)
Mission Control UI (Level 1)
Mission Control UI (Level 2)
Administration Building UI (Level 1)
Administration Building UI (Level 2)
Parts (Mk3 Spaceplane Set)
- Added 15 new 'Mk3' parts:
- Mk3 Cockpit (IVA is blank)
- 3 Mk3 Rocket Fuel Tanks (2.5m, 5m, 10m versions)
- 3 Mk3 Liquid Fuel Tanks (2.5m, 5m, 10m versions)
- Mk3 Monopropellant Tank
- Mk3 Passenger Module holding 16 Kerbals (There's no IVA at all)
- Mk3 to Mk2 Adapter
- Mk3 - 1.25m Adapter
- Mk3 to 2.5m Adapter and Mk3 to 2.5m Adapter Slanted
- Mk2 to 1.25m Adapter
- C7 Brand Adapter - 2.5m to 1.25m and C7 Brand Adapter Slanted - 2.5m to 1.25m
- Mk3 to 3.75m Adapter
- Mk3 cargo bays: Mk3 Cargo Bay CRG-100, Mk3 Cargo Bay CRG-50, Mk3 Cargo Bay CRG-25
- Old Mk3 cockpit, fuselage and adapter removed.
- Struts and Fuel Lines now use a common base system called CompoundPart.
- New CompoundPartModule base class added to provide functionality for parts based on CompoundPart.
- Added CModuleLinkedMesh CompoundPartModule, handles the mesh objects connecting between both ends of a CompoundPart.
- Added CModuleStrut, creates a physical Joint between both ends of a CompoundPart
- Added CModuleFuelLine, creates a fuel re-routing between both ends of a CompoundPart.
- LandingGear and Rover Wheels 'Invert Steering' option now changes to 'Uninvert Steering' when inverted.
- Part-to-Part Resource Transfer now possible between more than 2 parts. (In/Out options will push/pull from all other selected parts evenly)
- Kerbals now have Skills they can develop.
- Kerbals now gain experience after returning from missions.
- Kerbal Experience is needed to level up crew skills.
- Added Scientist Skill. Scientists increase recovery value of collected data, transmission value of uploaded data and the lab boost factor (when manning a lab).
- Added Engineer Skill. Engineers are able to repair broken parts like Rover Wheels and repack parachutes.
- Added Pilot Skill. Pilots provide SAS features at various levels. Basic SAS is available as long as at least one pilot is aboard.
- Crews in the Astronaut Complex can now be sacked (if available) or given up for dead (if missing).
- SAS is no longer available in any vessel for free. A pilot or an operational SAS-cabable probe core are needed for SAS to be available.
- Level 0 pilots and basic probes provide basic SAS functionality (kill rotation)
- Higher level pilots and more advanced probes provide new Autopilot Functions.
- Added new Autopilot System featuring 8 modes:
- Stability Assist (Basic SAS)
- Prograde/Retrograde Hold (Level 1 Required: Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards prograde or retrograde vectors.
- Radial In/Out, Normal/Antinormal Hold (Level 2 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards R+, R-, N and AN vectors.
- Target/Anti-Target Hold (Level 3 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards the selected target.
- Maneuver Hold (Level 3 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards the first upcoming maneuver's burn vector.
- AP modes respect the current reference frame on the navball (surface, orbit or target).
- Overhauled the existing ModuleSAS part module so it acts as a SAS provider in any level.
- Removed ModuleSAS from all parts except probe cores.
- Tweaked the R&D tech tree progression for all probe cores.
- Tweaked costs and descriptions for all probe cores.
- Probe cores set up with progressing levels of SAS service.
New Contracts (Fine Print Mod by Arsonide)
- Added asteroid redirection contracts.
- Added surface outpost construction contracts.
- Added orbital station construction contracts.
- Added satellite deployment contracts.
- Added survey contracts at specified locations on the map.
- Fine Print contracts revised and overhauled with new graphics and to follow Career progression.
- Fine Print contracts unlock based on KSC Facility level when applicable.
- Existing contracts also revised to better follow progression of KSC facilities.
- Existing and new contracts revised to be configurable.
- Added new Biome Maps to all celestial bodies.
- Over a hundred new biomes available in total.
- Added cheat menu option to visualize biomes in map view.
- Added a one-page 'Welcome Intro' tutorial module to all newly-started games.
- Added new Edge Highlight visual effect when hovering over part icons on the staging UI, or when selecting a new root part or choosing a part to transfer crew to.
- Added new Tooltips for several UI controls in the Editor, R&D, Flight and many other areas.
- Added new ESA flags.
- Improved some of the Loading Screen images.
- Added new Craft Stats app to Editor toolbar, to display ship information like part count, total mass and size.
- Craft Stats app icon will turn orange if any limit is exceeded for the current editor facility level.
- Added new sound fx for gizmos and re-root in editors.
- Added new destruction FX for all new facility models.
- Added EditorBounds system to define part spawn point, construction boundaries, camera starting position and bounds for each editor interior.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- KSPScenario 'Remove' creation options now work.
- Added new PreSAS and PostSAS callbacks to vessel API.
- Revised VAB and SPH camera behaviour so they stay within scenery bounds as best they can.
- Overhauled time-of-day system for KSC emissive textures. All facilities light up at night. (except ones without lights, like lvl1 runway)
- Fixed several issues with destructible building persistence.
- KSC grounds grass shader now uses worldspace UV coords for consistent tiling.
- KSC grounds grass shader now enforces vertex normals to smooth out the transition between PQS and KSC terrain.
- Linux version now forces thread locale to 'en'. Solves most issues with installs in foreign locales.
- Fixed several issues with Undo/Redo (ctrl+Z, ctrl+Y) in the editors.
- Tweaked sideslip factor in landing gear (was much too strong).
- Increased Mk55 Engine's ISP and gimbal range.
- Fixed an issue with part rotation and placement using Mirror symmetry.
- Fixed issues with symmetrical 'subgroups' after attaching a parent part using symmetry.
- Re-saved all stock craft so they are fully compatible with this version.
- Existing craft files from previous versions will require re-saving in the editor before they are allowed to launch in Career Mode, to calculate size data.
- Crew auto-hire will respect Astronaut Complex crew limit.