From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
|Announcement||KSP 1.0 is Released!|
|← 0.90.0 1.0.1 →|
Version 1.0 was released on April 27th , 2015. The update is known as "We Have Liftoff!", referencing the fact that 1.0 is the official release.
- 1 New
- 2 Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- New Engineer's report Toolbar App, provides warnings and advice during construction, notifying players of possible design issues with their ships.
- Added 'Cross-Section Profile' Filter to Parts List.
- Added Thumbnail images for Craft files in both Launch Dialog and Craft Browser screens.
- Added 'Merge' button to Load dialog, allowing ships to be loaded without replacing the current one. The craft loaded will be shown as a subassembly.
- Added confirmation dialogs when overwriting a save, launching or leaving editor without saving.
- Complete overhaul of the flight model.
- Lift is now correctly calculated and applied for all lift-generating parts.
- Drag is now pre-calculated automatically based on part geometry, and applied based on part orientation in flight.
- Both lift and drag are dependant on density and the speed of sound; both properly calculated from temperature and pressure.
- Stack-mounted parts can occlude each other for drag calculations.
- Lift-Induced drag now properly simulated.
- Stalls are now properly simulated.
- A new body-lift system meaning parts can induce lift even if they are not designed to do so.
- Completely revised part heating model, energy flux is considered, not merely temperature.
- All game temperatures changed from 'Kervin' to proper Kelvin.
- Radiative, conductive, and convective heating and cooling are simulated.
- Parts can have individual radiative, conductive, and convective properties.
- All parts now emit a blackbody radiation glow if they get hot enough.
- Conduction between attached parts is more accurately modelled.
- Parts can occlude other parts from being exposed to sunlight, celestial body albedo/radiation and supersonic flow.
- Reentry/hypersonic flight heating is now simulated.
- Added difficulty Setting to scale aerodynamic heating.
- Atmospheric temperature, and thus density, takes latitude and sun position into account.
- Celestial bodies accurately emit thermal radiation making nearby craft warmer.
- Service modules, fairings and cargo bays can be used to protect parts inside from heat.
- Heat shields provide (finite) ablation-based protection for parts behind them.
- New procedural Fairings added, in 3 sizes.
- New Heat Shields added, in 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m sizes.
- Service Bay parts added in 1.25m and 2.5m sizes.
- Several new Landing Gear parts added, in many sizes.
- Many New large airliner and shuttle style wing sections added.
- Large wing sections have internal fuel tanks.
- All old spaceplane parts overhauled with a more up-to-date style.
- Old Avionics Nose Cone overhauled and repurposed as a standalone, non-autonomous SAS module “CH-J3 Fly-By-Wire Avionics Hub”.
- New atmosphere scanner part added: “Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer”.
- New large inline xenon gas tank “PB-X750 Xenon Container” part added.
- New RT-5 "Flea" Solid Fuel Booster added.
- New fuel cell parts added (small and large), convert liquid fuel and oxidizer into electric charge when turned on.
- New models for Circular Intake and Ram Air Intake parts.
- New models for Engine Nacelle parts.
- Several new nose cones and tail sections.
- New A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S part.
- New module for Airbrake parts, responds to Brakes input and can also be used as pitch/yaw actuator.
- Added new IVA space for the Mk1 Inline Cockpit.
- Added new IVA space for the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2.
- Added new IVA space for Mk3 Cockpit.
- Added new IVA space for Mk3 Passenger Module.
- Added new IVA space for Mk2 Crew Cabin.
- Added Ore resource, which can be mined across the Solar System.
- New drill part “'Drill-O-Matic' Mining Excavator” added.
- Ore container tanks added in Large and Small variants.
- ISRU Ore processor unit added, converts Ore into Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer or MonoProp.
- Three new Ore scanner parts added.
- Added new MapView overlays displaying Ore density for all Celestial Bodies.
- Support for moddability of resources added (including atmospheric and oceanic).
- New Difficulty Setting to scale resource abundance (both stock and modded).
- Asteroids can also be mined for Ore.
- Engineer Kerbals are able to 'overdrive' drilling equipment for increased yield (and less safety).
- Female Kerbals added, with new randomly-generated female names.
- Valentina Kerman (Pilot) added to initial Crew Roster.
- Kerbals are now able to clamber onto ledges within reach, because their jobs weren't dangerous enough already.
- Kerbals can now climb out of ladders onto ledges.
- Tourist Kerbals added. They have zero skills, are unable to control vessels, and are required to keep their heads inside the vessel at all times.
- Kerbals now cost increasingly larger amounts of Funds to hire in Career Games.
- Technology tree completely revised. Several new nodes added; many, many parts reassigned for a better progression.
- Kerbal Scientists are now able to restore inoperable experiment modules.
- The Science Lab has been retooled to run long-term research on experiment data, providing much higher amounts of science over time.
- New Smoke effects added to Launchpads.
- New Surface Effects added whenever rocket engines fire near terrain.
- New Water Effect added whenever rocket engine fire near water.
- Revised all part shaders for improved rendering of lighting effects and shadows.
- Main Flight UI can now be made transparent.
- Added new Tourism contracts.
- Added ISRU resource extraction contracts.
- Added Grand Tour contracts.
- Replaced Rescue contracts with Recovery contracts, which can ask the player to recover a part, a Kerbal, or both, and can spawn on the surface of planets, with "props" nearby.
- Added two 'immediate' Strategies to convert existing Reputation and Science into Funds.
- Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society contract line now extends all the way out to Eeloo, and is dependent on player progression.
- Record contracts are now always active, and will complete in order even over the course of a single mission.
- All tutorials revised and rewritten to explain most game features.
- Expanded Flight Basics Tutorial to cover the essentials of launching into orbit.
- Added new Return from Mun tutorial.
- Added new Science and R&D Tutorial.
- Added new Docking tutorial.
- 'Warp To' action added to orbit context menu. Allows warping to a specific spot along your trajectory.
- 'Warp to next morning' button added to KSC toolbar.
- Asteroids can now be found orbiting near Dres.
- Engine thrust now varies according to Isp and throttle setting, instead of the other way around.
- Completely revised Input Mapping system.
- Flight input bindings is now much more straightforward and more flexible as well.
- Duplicate control bindings for Docking/Staging modes now replaced by a much more robust system based on secondary key bindings.
- Joystick Axes are now consistently enumerated and persist across sessions.
- Up to 10 joysticks with 20 axes each now supported.
- Added secondary channels for Axis Bindings.
- New 'Chase' Camera mode added, old mode now called 'Locked'.
- Added Camera wobble/vibration effects during flight (engine vibration, explosions, ground roll, G-force, and many more).
- TrackIR support added to all game views (toggleable independently in game settings). (FreeTrack also reported to work).
- Added FOV control to main flight camera. (Hold ModKey and zoom).
The demo now uses 1.0 as a base. Demo restrictions include:
- Part loading limited to 26 basic parts.
- Career Tech Tree is smaller to fit the 26 parts.
- No Plugin loading.
- SPH and Runway Facilities are inaccessible.
- Only one save profile allowed.
- Cannot launch new flights if 3 or more are already in progress.
- Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, and Kerbol are the only celestial bodies in the Kerbol system.
- Revised tutorials and scenarios to be compatible with the demo set of parts.
- Removed the Station One and Mun Orbit scenarios as those require parts from the full version.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed several issues with editor attachments, attachment node orientation and symmetry.
- Shift+Clicking a 'frozen' part in the editor will detach it from its parent.
- Fixed several bugs with cloned parts and persistence.
- The editor no longer requires a full scene reload to load new craft files.
- The KnowledgeBase panel for Vessels now shows 'Max Accel' and 'Estimated burn time to 0m/s' (as shown on navball) fields.
- Several part context menu actions now properly apply to symmetry counterparts automatically.
- Added new custom cursors.
- Fixed 'infiniglide' bug.
- Switching SOIs no longer causes the next orbit to change at high time warp rates.
- Added a warp speed limit when approaching an SOI transition.
- Kerbal EVAs should no longer fly off when disembarking in space.
- SAS now disengages autopilot modes automatically (and falls back to stability assist) in cases where the target vectors would change very rapidly.
- Parachute deployment should no longer cause vessel disassembly at high physics warp rates.
- Deployed parachute sway now actually has an effect on the vessel.
- LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motor now runs solely on Liquid Fuel and has no gimbal.
- Oscar-B Fuel Tank can now be surface attached.
- Air-breathing engines now drain fuel evenly from all tanks in a vessel.
- Fixed radial decouplers not applying ejection forces correctly.
- Parachutes no longer cause massive G spikes when opening.
- Control Surfaces can now be deployed as flaps, controllable via context menus and Action Groups.
- Stats of Antennas revised for a proper progression with the more advanced models.
- Added nicknames to all engine parts.
- Revised and balanced part costs.
- Balanced fuel amounts for Mk2 and Mk3 tanks.
- Balanced engines (Isp/thrust/mass) in line with the new aerodynamics.
- Added fuel gauge to LV-1 "Ant" engine.
- Materials Bay now faces away from the part it's radially attached to.
- RoveMate rover body is now a probe body as well.
- The unshrouded solar panels are now non-retractable.
- Balanced probes electric charge usage, mass and crash tolerance.
- Lowered crash tolerance of the Structural Pylon to 70 from 999!
- All parts given 'bulkhead profile' tags in cfg files. Profile tags inferred automatically for parts missing this field.
- Cargo bays now properly detect enclosed parts, and can be grouped to make larger bays.
- Experiment Modules, Solar Panels, Antennas and such will not deploy while stowed inside a fairing or cargo bay.
- RCS thrusters will not function if stowed inside a closed cargo area (or fairing).
- Lifting surfaces will not generate lift if stowed inside a closed cargo area (or fairing).
- Much improved flight ambience sounds for Kerbin and other bodies with atmospheres.
- Added new sound effect when pulling high G forces.
- Eliminated audible gaps on several looping clips.
- Improved sound/particle effects for all Air-Breathing engines.
- Splashdown effects no longer spawn underwater.
- All part textures converted to DDS format, load times are now 3x faster.
- Fixed a serious persistence bug which prevented Scenario/Training saves from updating scenario modules properly.
- Fixed persistence bugs which caused state data from Upgradeable Facilities to carry over to other saves.
- Fixed an issue which caused Kerbals to not be generated randomly enough, which led to slowdowns with larger Crew Rosters.
- Fixed issues with the terrain during scene switching making scene load times faster.
- Fixed terrain scatter generation which was causing memory leaks.
- 'Elon Kerman' added to name pool.
- Crew name generator can now output 10,000+ female names.
- Fixed an issue with markers in the KSC scene potentially causing the game to lock up.
- Restructured GameData folder, integrated the NASA folder into the Squad one.
- Valentina Kerman added to Main Menu's Space scene.
- All contracts other than World Firsts or Records are halted until the player reaches space.
- Prevent "stacking" of various contract types.
- Resource parts added into satellite, station, and outpost contracts.
- Prose of contracts involving Kerbals re-evaluated with gender appropriate text.
- All contracts in career given balanced income for all three currencies.
- Science and reputation no longer scale with the celestial body of a contract, and are handed out more conservatively in general.
- All strategies in career given equivalent exchange rates.
- Aggressive Negotiations strategy given a discount on building repair/upgrade.
- Recovery Transponder strategy now lowers maximum recovery rate, while raising minimum recovery rate.
- Facility upgrade costs re-evaluated, lowered by about a quarter overall.
- Kerbals now properly receive experience for suborbital flights.
- Part Test contracts now request much saner flight parameters.
- Survey contracts choose much saner locations to survey.
- Sensor Experiment Modules are now able to perform experiments in all situations.
- The R&D Tech tree is now defined in a cfg-file.
- The cfg file for the Tech Tree is defined separately for each save.
- GameVariables methods are now all virtual and can be overwritten by mods.
- Added a new set of debug tools to tweak Physics parameters.
- Added a new set of debug tools to tweak R&D tech tree nodes and part assignments.