Your images of the scientific images without background
- Oh and File:Comms DTS-M1.jpg too. And yes, jpgs don't allow transparent backgrounds, but then upload it as a png. That is also lossless. — xZise [talk] 03:36, 18 October 2013 (CDT)
I do not have them, but I can make some. I put the grey background in, so I can take it out this time. I can make a png with transparent background.
I am not sure how to use TALK yet. save? publish? answer here or your talk page
ScienceJR-02.png >> Done
Comms_DTS-M1_02.png >> Done ...... did Communotron 88-88.png too
Mystery Goo Containment Unit-02.png >> Done
oh, I dont feel comfortable editing a TEMPLATE, but the Template:Infobox/Part/antenna needs to include all the NEW specs for the .22 parts.
- Okay I don't know where I should answer here ;) So about “how to use talk”: Like any other page, there is no difference. And I don't know where to answer. I usually answer at the original page (e.g. for this conversation here) to have a context. Thank you by the way for uploading the new backgroundless images. About editing the template: I'll take a look later at the specifications of the antennae and determine what makes the most sense, when adding the new properties (especially the units). — xZise [talk] 11:13, 18 October 2013 (CDT)
- Oh and I noticed that you added basically the same text at both Comms DTS-M1 and Communotron 88-88. I personally prefer adding general information in the general article (Antenna in this case), so if that changes there is only an error at one place. — xZise [talk] 11:16, 18 October 2013 (CDT)
- Okay you uploaded quite a few new images. Thank you :) , but I have a suggestion: You can upload a new version of a already existing thumbnal. When the file type (png) is the same, it saves us both time, as you don't have to update the infobox and part table and I don't need to delete the thumbnail file you updated. — xZise [talk] 03:40, 19 October 2013 (CDT)
- I've added the information to the template. It now tells you the electricity cost per Mit and per second, and the bandwidth. — xZise [talk] 08:43, 5 February 2014 (CST)
All the existing files were jpgs. I did try "Upload a new version of this file", but it said the new and old file names were too similar. I did not try changing the name as I thought it would corrupt the links. Sorry to create extra work for you. ---Dogface (talk) 06:40, 19 October 2013 (CDT)
- Yes you are allowed to edit templates. Actually you did that multiple times for example Template:Stats Table Antenna here. And there are various places for help editing wikis depending on your question: Project:Guidelines and Project:Community portal are for example on this wiki. And usually the Wikipedia of your choice (if it isn't explained in the English Wikipedia it might be in the Wikipedia in your mother tongue) have help pages or tutorials like Wikipedia:Picture tutorial. And depending on your problem the various sister projects may be helpful. For example Mediawiki has pages like Help:Magic words. — xZise [talk] 07:41, 19 October 2013 (CDT)