|Dres as seen from orbit.|
|Dwarf planet of Kerbol|
|Semi-major axis||40 839 348 203 m [Note 1]|
|Apoapsis||46 761 053 692 m [Note 1]|
|Periapsis||34 917 642 714 m [Note 1]|
|Orbital inclination||5 °|
|Argument of periapsis||90 °|
|Longitude of the ascending node||280 °|
|Mean anomaly||3.14 rad (at 0s UT)|
|Sidereal orbital period||47 893 063 s|
|2 217 d 1 h 37 m 43.1 s|
|Synodic orbital period||11392903.3 s|
|Orbital Velocity||4 630 to 6 200 m/s|
|Equatorial radius||138 000 m|
|Surface area||2.3931396×1011 m2|
|Standard gravitational parameter||2.1484489×1010 m3/s2|
|Density||29 242.396 kg/m3|
|Surface gravity||1.13 m/s2 (0.115 g)|
|Escape velocity||558.00 m/s|
|Sidereal rotation period||34 800.000 s|
|1 d 3 h 40 m 0 s|
|Solar day||34 825.305 s|
|1 d 3 h 40 m 25.3 s|
|Sidereal rotational velocity||24.916 m/s|
|Synchronous orbit||732.24 km|
|Sphere of influence||32 832 840 m[Note 1]|
|Atmosphere present||× No|
Dres is the fifth planet in the Kerbol star system. It is located between Duna and Jool in a somewhat eccentric and inclined orbit. It is considered to be the Ceres analog for the game. It is similar to Moho and Eeloo in that it has no atmosphere and no natural satellites (aside from a ring system of asteroids). Dres has the least gravity of any planet in the Kerbol system. Dres is considered a dwarf planet by the game because it has not "cleared its neighborhood"; in other terms, it has asteroids in close proximity.
|“|| Dres is a very small planet. It was the first planet considered to be a dwarf. Its orbit is highly irregular and, together with its size, it took a long time to discover since half the time it was not where scientists expected to find a planet.
Due to its nature of frequenting the bad parts of space, this dwarf planet was officially labeled as Not to be trusted by the scientific community.
The surface of Dres appears light grey and is rocky and uneven, similar to that of Mün, with a surface covered in regolith rubble. Unlike Mün, Dres has large patches of what appears to be ice. The highest points are just under 5.7 km in altitude. One notable geographic feature is a canyon just south of the equator, which is several kilometers deep.
The surface of Dres has several craters. However, unlike other planetary bodies, none are very prominent, the largest being slightly under 13 km in diameter.
In total, 42 craters have been positively identified. Another 5 are still waiting for confirmation. The spreading of the craters is biased to the western, particularly the northwestern, hemisphere of Dres.
|Quadrant||No. of craters (%)||No. of Craters|
Dres has 8 biomes.
|Rotational/Inertial transition||100 000 m|
|5×||10 000 m|
|10×||10 000 m|
|50×||30 000 m|
|100×||50 000 m|
|1 000×||100 000 m|
|10 000×||200 000 m|
|100 000×||300 000 m|
- → Main article: Category:Images of Dres
A topographical projection map of Dres; accurate as of 0.18.
A topographical height map of Dres as of version 0.18.1; made with the ISA MapSat plugin.
- Added "Dres-teroid" belt(will appear randomly after achieving a flyby)
- Added biomes
- Initial Release
- Dres is often disregarded and ignored among the KSP community.
- YouTube user Felsmark created a video claiming that Dres is nothing but a hoax created by the Kerbal government in an attempt to divert interest from the fabled planet Harvest.
- Several forum users have created a group to raise awareness and show support to Dres, in the form of giant missions to the dwarf planet.
- Dres was the first celestial body chosen to be the host planet of a moon for the Kopernicus Creativity Marathon.
- Dres is the only other celestial body, other than Ike and Kerbin, whose terrain has been changed in only one Kopernicus planet pack. All the other planets have been edited in multiple mods like Uncharted Lands and Alternis Kerbol.
- Dres is the celestial body most similar to Duna. Both have whiter areas near the poles, names that start with "D", similar orbits, low amounts of craters, and canyons that can be seen from the Map View.