Talk:Tutorial:Basic Rocket Design

From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Great tutorial!

But as an absolute beginner, I asked myself what is "TWR" under "Propulsion"? I assume it's something like thrust-weight-ratio?

Thanks for the feedback. User:Crush already made clear what TWR means. I created a link to the Terminology article. — xZise [talk] 11:26, 3 April 2013 (CDT)


In Tutorial:Basic_Rocket_Design#Electric_Energy it has listed a thermoelectric generator, but its actually called a Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator, or RTG. Adding Radioisotope to the name will make things less confusing for those that want to look up more info on the subject as there are other thermoelectric generators (just not normally in space ;). I'm liking the tutorial, however, its pointing out lots of things I was struggling to figure out last night. -- Krenshala (talk)

Questioning an edit

The recent update reads well, but I have a discrepancy. The phrase " supports rotation (pitch, yaw, roll) and translation (horizontal, lateral, vertical)" was added to the SAS section. I understood that only RCS can translate a vehicle, and SAS can only rotate it. Now did the author mean to say that SAS will hold a heading while translating? Or have I missed something all together? Lefick (talk) 11:06, 13 October 2013 (CDT)

I have to agree. A SAS for translational movements is also kind of pointless, as you have to move to be in orbit, so on what “movement” would it lock on. — xZise [talk] 11:56, 13 October 2013 (CDT)
Thanks for the feedback. Upon re-reading, I see this phrase came from my RCS edit where I struggled with searching for easier-to-understand terms for "translation directions". That's the downside of full-page-reviews, you sometimes mix things up. I've taken it out. --Senshi (talk) 13:05, 13 October 2013 (CDT)