Campaign: Space Telescopes
|← Joolileo||Campaigns||Kerbal Resupply Services →|
After the successful Joolileo landing, the Kerbals decided they wanted to look deeper into the Kerbol System and extrakerbol space. But seriously, the astronaut corps were getting fidgety when they were running out of places to plant flags. And get themselves stranded in. The only solution to that is huge telescopes!
- Length: 1–3 hours
- Difficulty: 6/10 (Proficient)
- Skill Requirements:
- Intermediate navigation via maneuver node
- Advanced orbiting
- Intermediate understanding of launch windows
- Advanced understanding of intercepts/rendezvous
- Basic docking
- Ability to complete Kerbinai Program
- Basic rover design
- For every version, being tested on 0.23
The Kubble Space Telescope was the first step to peering into deep space, such as Eeloo.
- Construct a satellite with 2 Solar Arrays, 3 science experiments, electricity, a probe head, and one docking port.(you can use the new Sentinel infared telescope if you like.)
- The previously-mentioned US Probes pack has Hubble included, if you choose the modded approach.
- Get into a 300 km orbit around Kerbin with it.
- If using the modded approach, launch the Kubble on Space Shuttle Discovery.
- Take a screenshot of the Sun.
- Construct a satellite with a Mobile processing Lab, a probe head, electricity, solar panels, science, and a docking port.
- Get into a 350 km orbit around Kerbin, again.
- Take a picture of the Mun.
The L4 Planet Finder was a space-and-ground mission for observing planets past Duna and their moons.
- The satellite has to have a 5 Communications devices of your choice.
- It also must have 2 science experiments, a probe head, solar panels, electricity, and a docking port.
- Get this into a 430 km orbit around Kerbin.
- Take a picture of every planet. (switch to other planets and take an up close picture, to represent zooming lenses.)
- Build a surface vehicle with crew capacity and Comms Devices.
Kubble Servicing Mission
It appears someone did not assemble the mirrors on the Kubble correctly. Said person has been sacked (and by sacked, he was hit multiple times with a sack of potatoes). Someone must now go up and fix his mistake.
- Launch Space Shuttle Endeavor to the telescope to carry out the mission.
- Carry out an EVA and pretend the Kerbals are swapping out the mirrors and solar pannels.
- Return home.
The Kerbals were excited. They had the technology to look anywhere in the Kerbol System. The had even discovered a new planet, Eeloo. But their beloved Space Shuttle was about to retire, leaving Kerbals scratching their brains trying to come up with other Kerbal Space Station resupply missions. This would ultimately end up with the Kerbal Resupply Services.