PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator
|PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator|
| by |
Ionic Symphonic Protonic Electronics
|Max. Temp.||1200 K|
|Impact Tolerance||7 m/s|
|Electricity generated||0.75 ⚡/s|
The RTG provides constant and reliable electricity for spacecraft. Its weight/power ratio is a lot worse than that of solar panels (unless you are very far away from the sun - Dres and beyond), but RTGs have the advantage that they do not require direct sunlight, so they still work when on the night side of a planet.
The Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator is useful for purposes such as:
- Traveling so far away from the sun that solar panels become insufficient.
- Operating energy-consuming equipment on the night-side of a celestial body.
- Removing the need to take special action to replenish electrical power stores.
- Emergency backup for a stronger primary power supply.
|“||Through exploitation of the natural decay of Blutonium-238, this elegantly simple power generator can provide consistent, stable power for decades. Not to be used for providing heating during emergency rover excursions.||”|
(This is possibly a reference to The Martian, where Mark Watney used a RTG to provide heating in order to save power.)
The PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator has the record for most difficult research in the game.
- Mass reduced from 0.175 to 0.08, power output reduced from 1 E/s to 0.75 E/s.
- Initial Release