The Making History expansion was announced on February 7, 2018 and released on March 13, 2018 together with version 1.4.1. The expansion focuses on the historic Space Race with new parts and missions, and the new Mission Builder.
NOTE: Everyone who bought Kerbal Space Program before May 1st, 2013 will get the expansion for free.
- Mission Builder: This robust new feature puts the process of creating and editing missions in players' hands with endless possibilities. Players can customize their own missions to include launches, landings, rescues, malfunctions, explosions, repairs, and much more. Unique victory conditions, exciting challenges, and unexpected obstacles provide an array of complexity in these missions. Challenge others by sharing your created missions with the KSP community.
- History Pack: Play a variety of pre-made missions inspired by humankind's own space exploration. From spacewalking to crash landing and everything in between, players can attempt to recreate moments inspired by historic events, but with a unique Kerbal twist.
- New Parts: This expansion also includes dozens of new parts along with new astronaut suits, all inspired by the historic Space Race. Players can use these parts and suits throughout Kerbal Space Program. (How to make real rockets with making history)
- Ability to launch craft from the Island Runway and the new Woomerang Launch Site.
- → Main article: 1.4.1
- Jet engine sounds.
- Localization fixes and enhancements.
- Bugfixes and performance improvements.
- Devnote Fridays on February 7th, 2018