RV-1 "Cub" Vernier Engine
|Available only with the Making History Expansion enabled.|
|RV-1 "Cub" Vernier Engine|
| Liquid fuel engine by |
Reaction Systems Ltd
|Max. Temp.||2000 K|
|Impact Tolerance||7 m/s|
|Maximum thrust||(1 atm)||28.90 kN|
|Isp||(1 atm)||280 s|
|Fuel consumption|| 2.11 /s
|Thrust vectoring||22.5 °|
The RV-1 "Cub" Vernier Engine is a small side-mounted engine that can be used for aesthetics, thrust augmentation, and additional thrust vector control. It is typically paired with the RK-7 "Kodiak" Liquid Fueled Engine.
The Cub is in some respects an upgrade to the Mk-55 Thud. For its size, the Cub has relatively good Isp and extremely good TWR, more comparable to a size 2 engine than anything else. It also features the highest gimbal range in the game. The trade-off is in the greater relative and absolute cost, and position several nodes farther up the tech tree.
|“|| Mew! These little vernier engines have a huge deflection, but can only gimbal in one dimension.
— Reaction Systems Ltd
- Moved tech from Heavier Rocketry to Precision Propulsion
- Increased unlock cost from 3000 to 3200
- Decreased cost from 1000 to 800
- Increased crash tolerance from 6 to 7
- Decreased Vacuum thrust from 40 to 32
- Improved ASL ISP from 270 to 280
- Decreased Vacuum ISP from 320 to 310
- Added ModuleTestSubject
- Initial Release