From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
Version 0.21 was released on 24th October 2014.
Space Center Scene
- The Space Center scene now uses the same terrain as in flight.
- Time now passes in the Space Center scene, and day/night is consistent with in-flight.
- The game terrain persists across scene transitions, making loading scenes much faster.
- Completely overhauled the interior models for the VAB and SPH buildings, complete with animated trucks and cargo lifts.
- All-new exterior models for the VAB, SPH and Tracking Station.
- New Astronaut Complex building.
- Added a description field where you can write up a few lines to describe your space-faring contraptions.
- It is now possible to assign crew manually to missions before launch, both from the Construction Facilities and from Launch Sites.
- Added completely new Launch Dialogs on the Runway and Launchpad at the Space center.
- The new Astronaut Complex dialog allows you to hire crews from a list of Applicants, and view the status of all your crewmembers.
- Revised the crew handling game logic, for a much more reliable and robust system.
- Rewrote the SAS control logic from the ground up.
- SAS is now enabled for the entire vessel, and requires actuators like winglets, RCS or others to actually have an effect.
- Repurposed the old SAS modules are now Reaction Wheel Modules, that apply torque while consuming electricity.
- The new SAS logic allows applying manual input while SAS is on, letting you set the ship's attitude without having to constantly toggle it.
- Added a new module to generate craters procedurally on the Mun.
- Largely revised Kerbin's terrain to produce much more interesting mountains, hills, valleys and coastlines.
- Removed the physically-impossible "End Flight" button.
- Added new options to "Revert" a mission back to launch or to construction.
- Added new 'Recover' button on the Tracking Station, to allow recovering a vessel (as opposed to Terminating it) when possible.
- Recovering vessels makes its crew available again, while Terminating kills them.
- The 'Space Center' button now allows you to leave flight at any time, warning when necessary about saving restrictions.
- The game now tracks your progress as you play, providing essential data for the upcoming Career Mode features.
- Progress data is (optionally) uploaded to our servers,
- Improved the in-game shadowing to enable shadows at much larger distances.
- Added several new parts from the KSPX pack as stock content.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Scenario Modules now properly save and load when the rest of the game saves and loads.
- Scenario Modules can now have multiple target scenes set.
- Improved the internal logic for switching to nearby vessels, it shouldn't refuse to switch with valid vessels nearby anymore.
- Added a system to attempt upgrading incompatible save files if/when possible.
- Tweaked PQS on other planets and moons to not initialize until approached. Improved performance a bit.
- Added a new system on PQS to clamp terrain subdivision while moving very fast. Orbiting low near the surface is a lot smoother now.
- Many more small tweaks and improvements.