The features listed here are planned for future versions of Kerbal Space Program and may change during the course of development.
This list is not an official road-map for KSP. It is maintained by the community, and has no direct relation to what may or may not be included in the final product. Already implemented features can be found in the version history.
|Current version: 1.12.2|
This section lists all planned features for future releases. Entries highlighted in blue are planned for the next update. Entries in yellow have been partially implemented. Entries in green are already in development but are not expected for the next update or are so huge that there are multiple updates incrementally adding that feature. Orange is for the questionable features - had pros and cons, or simply unconfirmed.
The entries on the list are not a commitment, and the developer team is not under any obligation to implement them all. These features may be pushed back or implemented on another way then suggested here, or cancelled altogether.
There are no more planned major updates to Kerbal Space Program, although some of these may be implemented in the sequel.
Scenery & Graphics
Spacecraft & Construction
- Rotating Docking Ports
The features listed here are planned or were mentioned to be implemented. Some of them have outdated references and may not represent the current plan.
Scenery & graphics
- Procedurally generated craters (Mun in 0.21)
- Autopilot system for flying planes or rockets (Partially achieved by 0.90.0, now a "Pilot" Kerbal can orient a craft to certain points, e.g. Prograde)
- Resources beyond present scope (Fuel, Oxygen, Electricity, etc.) Confirmed for KSP2.
Not planned or shelved
The following features have either been confirmed or suggested to not be in the official game, or have otherwise been paused or shelved due to scope changes or other considerations. A few, such as autopilot systems, weapons, and realistically-sized celestial bodies are already available via mods.
- Steam achievements
- Competitor/rival space agencies
- Realistically sized celestial bodies
- Weapons or military features
- Autopilot systems (partially achieved by 0.90.0)
- Alien civilizations
- Terraforming
- Conversion to a different game engine
- Mobile version
- Life support systems (hinted for KSP2 through colony parts that seem to be greenhouses)
- Multiplayer (confirmed for KSP2)
| Mac Fixes
|Auto-resume interrupted downloads||In progress|
|Downloads through BitTorrent (long-term)||Planning|
|Load-balanced Repair Packages||Feasibility Analysis|
- KSP Loading... on August 29th, 2019
- KSP Loading... on September 26th, 2019
- KSP Loading... on October 16th, 2019
- KSP Loading... on November 26th, 2019
- KSP Loading... on January 23rd, 2019
- KSP Loading... on May 20th, 2021
- Procedural Craters dev blog post by "HarvesteR"
- Answer from Maxmaps in his AMA
- Q&A during 0.21 early access livestream with Yargnit and Ted (dead link)