From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
Version 1.9, named There's No Place Like Home, is a major update that released on February 12, 2020. An update for the Making History and Breaking Ground expansions were released alongside this major release.
- Added Camera mode (unlocked camera movement controls) when game is paused in flight and you hide the UI.
- Adjust Kerbal ladder navigation to remove sliding and provide better automatic transition between ladders.
- Part Mass and Cost now clamp their value to avoid negative numbers results from Mass/Cost Modifiers - configured per part via minimumMass and minimumCost in each parts cfg.
- Revamped Kerbin scaled space planet.
- Implement single camera system when running in DX11 for improved performance.
- Add new part - FTE-1 Drain Valve to drain resources from attached parts.
- Add new Cheat option in the Debug Menu - Set Position to teleport a vessel to a position relative to the surface of a celestial body.
- Added medium and high Quality shader for Moho.
- Adjust Wheel brake setting and auto-friction to take into account Gee. Helps with rovers flipping over.
- Each KAL Window now persists its screen position with the KAL.
- KSPedia slides and assets now load on demand and are released when the KSPedia window is closed.
- Add handling for Ships folder in GameData/SquadExpansion where stock craft including DLC parts can be stored.
- Added Ultra Quality shader for Kerbin.
- Implement new Max Time Warp logic to allow faster warp rates when on rails. This is managed by gamesettings (ORBIT_WARP_MAXRATE_MODE = PeAltitude).
- Implement Limit modifier for altitude based Max Time Warp logic so players can tune when the mode is set to (ORBIT_WARP_MAXRATE_MODE = VesselAltitude).
- Change Default VesselSwitching Keys ( [ or ] ) to bypass debris and spaceobjects.
- Add Mod + VesselSwitching Keys ( [ or ] ) to include debris and spaceobjects.
- Add search box to career tech tree.
- Added High Quality shader for Kerbin.
- Created new textures with higher detail for Kerbin's low quality terrain shader.
- Fix variant name in selector being cropped in some languages like Japanese
- Fix missing font character affecting some KSPedia slides in Russian.
- Fix missing font character affecting Orbit Info UI in Chinese.
- Revamped Skipper engine.
- Revamped Mainsail engine with silver variant.
- BACC "Thumper" Solid Fuel Booster revamp.
- RE-M3 Mainsail (New "Full", "Mid" and "Bare" variants).
- RE-I5 Skipper (New "Shroud", "Truss Mount" and "Bare" variants).
- Fix tab key switching for columns in the settings screen, it will focus the first available item.
- Fix part filter showing no parts after switching between subassemblies, variants and simple mode.
- Fix renamed asteroids needing a scene change to update screen and kb info.
- Fix NREs where Breaking Ground Science VesselType should not be available without the DLC.
- Fix surface attach node handling on Part Variants.
- Fix action sets input losing focus when renaming and moving the mouse away from the input field.
- Fix errors EVAing in timewarp via crew hatch dialog.
- Fix additional launchsite CommNet stations being active even when those launchsites are not active in the currently loaded save.
- Fix shadows on KSC filler tiles when lights are shone on them.
- Fix NREs and oxygen timeliness checks resulting in kerbals dying when they shouldn't when no helmet on.
- Fix NRE pressing Ctrl-Z (undo) many times with symmetry part selected.
- Fix audio FX fade when objects move away from player's camera.
- Fix dV calcs for boosters with fuel flow priorities changed (specific use cases).
- Fix Discontinuity in texture mapping on the Mun with high quality shader.
- Fix Walkway textures around level 3 RnD building.
- Fix issue where symmetry could break when restoring a held part on a vessel and immediately placing the held part again.
- Fix Inputlock manager issue with MenuNavigation breaking single mouse clicks.
- Fix SAS target mode misalignment when control point is not the vessel root
- Fix NRE when deploying science experiments attached to debris when on EVA.
- Fix reentry FX.
- Fix target marker disappearing in the Ascent Tutorial.
- Fix Terrain shader causing crashes on AMD GPUs.
- Fix underwater fog.
- Fix log spam when player attempts to drag maneuver nodes backwards through patched conics crossing SOIs.
- Fix dV calcs on stages that have different tank priorities in the same stage.
- Fix manipulating maneuver nodes unhiding the Navball throughout gameplay.
- Fix NRE being generated when staging a service module inside of a fairing in liftoff during flight.
- Fix Kerbodyne S3-14400, Kerbodyne S3-7200 and Kerbodyne S3-3600 colliders being visible during Place Mode.
- Fix Rockomax Brand Adapter 02 being off-center.
- Fix Mastodon and Skiff bottom attach nodes being backwards.
- Fix issue with quicksaves loading active vessel about to crash causing the vessel to pass through the terrain. Quicksaves can no longer be made when the active vessel is about to crash into the ground (including EVA kerbals).
- Fix contract generation issues in Editor when reputation changes by allowing contract generation in Editor scene.
- Fix parachutes deploying on quicksave load or staging when set to only stage when safe and conditions are not safe.
- Fixed texturing being broken on corner of Bop.
- Fix part highlight remaining on parts when removed from action groups in the editor.
- Fix error when manipulating servos that are part of an action group
- Fix terrain texturing jitter on celestial body low quality shader when landing from Orbit.
- Fix mirror attach on bicouplers.
- Fix KSPedia Aircraft/Basics/Balancing act page slide missing in Chinese
- Fix opening the In-Flight Action Sets Editor unlocking vessel functions without a Command Module present in flight during gameplay.
- Fix the KAL-1000 curve starting below minValue for some parts.
- Fix Flight UI mode being locked during Time Warp.
- Kerbal Body collider adjusted to reduce collisions while on a ladder.
- Add Per Kerbal PhysicMaterial Accessors for Modders so you can adjust each kerbals bounciness - SetPhysicMaterial, ResetPhysicMaterial.
- Fix Issue for mods when copying parts that had modified resource lists.
- Fix potential NRE in music player for mods.
- Set the KSP Assembly version correctly on game start so KSPAssemblyDependency will work for KSP versions.
- Added events for Action Groups in flight visibility changes so mods can handle any UI changes they need to in each mode
- Added Pause/UnPause events when the action groups show/hide in flight.
- Fix PQS.radiusmax not including some noise PQSMods in the calcs PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise and PQSMod_VertexPlanet. Should mean that radisumax is no longer below any vertex in most cases