From Kerbal Space Program Wiki
|Announcement||Kerbal Space Program update 0.23 is Live!|
|← 0.22 0.23.5 →|
Version 0.23 was released on December 17th, 2013.
- All previous earned science can now be viewed in the Science Archives in the Research and Development facility.
- Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 is a new part that functions as a portable laboratory and increases transmitted science yield.
- New R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine that relies on intake air while in the atmosphere, and changes fuel to oxidizer when intake air can no longer suffice as a fuel.
- Tweakables are different characteristics that allow changes to how certain parts function.
- Science system has been updated so science cannot be maxed out by transmitting. Transmitting yields a certain amount of science, and bringing the science back to Kerbin for recover yields much more.
- Certain science parts are now single-use, and cannot transmit data more than once, unless the instrument is cleaned with the lab module.
- Science data can be retrieved from an instrument by a kerbal on EVA and stored in a crew pod, like an EVA report or surface sample.
- New biome map for Minmus.
- New interface to show the properties of the parts in the VAB and Spaceplane Hangar.
- Unity upgrade to version 4.2.2.
- 6-DOF (6 Degrees of Freedom) device support for Windows only.
- The EVA jet pack requires the resource EVA propellant instead of a percentage. Originally planned was that the corresponding monopropellant gets deducted when the Kerbal leaves the pod. But the EVA fuel gets replenished either way. That's also the reason why all command pods have now got a small amount of monopropellant on board.
Bug fixes and tweaks
- The spelling mistakes for the batteries were fixed.
- “0.23 Update News” by HarvesteR published on 5th November 2013