FL-T400 Fuel Tank
|FL-T400 Fuel Tank|
| Liquid fuel tank by |
Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
|Radial size||Small, Radial mounted|
|Max. Temp.||2000 K|
|Impact Tolerance||6 m/s|
|Unlock cost||1 600|
|Part configuration|| fuelTankT400|
The FL-T400 Fuel Tank provides fuel to liquid fuel engines, like the LV-T30, attached beneath it.
Since 0.13 it can be attached to radial decouplers and the sides of other fuel tanks.
With a fuel reserve of 400 liters, one tank can power a single LV-T30 engine for up to 25.36 seconds at full thrust.
Unlike the RT-10 "Hammer" Solid Fuel Booster, the amount of thrust can be dictated by the user, with varying severity in and out of the atmosphere of Kerbin. One can use full thrust, with a higher chance of overheat during atmospheric burning, and optimal thrust during low orbit, and minimal thrust for course corrections during high orbit.
Used correctly, an inordinate amount of fuel tanks are not necessary for orbit, as you cannot generate enough thrust in atmosphere with the liquid engine to make up for their weight.
|“|| The FL series was received as a substantial upgrade over previous fuel containers used in the Space Program, generally due to its ability to keep the fuel unexploded more often than not. Fuel tanks are useless if there isn't a Liquid Engine attached under it. They can also be stacked with other fuel tanks to increase the amount of fuel for the engine below.
— Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
As of version 1.5 this fuel tank has four textures that can be switched in the editor.
- New model and texture
- Added 4 variants
- New model and texture
- (Part rebalancing) Part renamed (FL-T500 to FL-T400), cost increased from 550 to 850, fuel capacity reduced from 500 to 400, full mass reduced from 2.5 to 2.25, empty mass reduced from 0.3 to 0.25
- (Undocumented) Part can now be right clicked on to show fuel units remaining and enable/disable fuel flow
- (Undocumented) Allowed radial stacking/connections
- (Bug fix) Fixed a bug that caused a massive performance drop when fuel tanks emptied (fuel tank switch lag bug)
- (Bug fix) Fixed a small but incredibly disruptive bug which prevented engines from being connected to fuel tanks
- Fuel tanks are now stackable to increase fuel amount (and weight)
- (Bug fix) VAB placement bug with tricouplers, fuel tanks, and decouplers
- Initial release