FL-T400 Fuel Tank
|FL-T400 Fuel Tank|
| Liquid fuel tank by |
Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
|Radial size||Small, Radial mounted|
|Max. Temp.||2000 K|
|Impact Tolerance||6 m/s|
|Unlock cost||1 600|
|Part configuration|| fuelTankT400.cfg|
|“|| The FL series was received as a substantial upgrade over previous fuel containers used in the Space Program, generally due to its ability to keep the fuel unexploded more often than not. Fuel tanks are useless if there isn't a Liquid Engine attached under it. They can also be stacked with other fuel tanks to increase the amount of fuel for the engine below.
— Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
The FL-T400 Fuel Tank is a liquid fuel tank containing LF/O mix. This allows it to power liquid fuel rocket engines, like the LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine. If there are multiple liquid fuel tanks connected to an engine, then they will all be drained equally to power it.  The FL-T400 can be placed both in-line and radially mounted.
When full, one tank can power a single LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine for up to 112.8 seconds at full thrust, or a single LV-T30 "Reliant" Liquid Fuel Engine for up to 25.3 seconds at full thrust.
The FL-T400 fits well on main stages before the FL-T800 Fuel Tank is unlocked, or when a more precise amount of fuel is needed.
As of version 1.5 this fuel tank has four textures that can be switched in the editor.
- This part was the first fuel tank in the game, on version 0.7.3. On release, it had 25% more fuel, and was known as the FL-T500 Fuel Tank.
- New model and texture
- Added 4 variants
- New model and texture
- (Part rebalancing) Part renamed (FL-T500 to FL-T400), cost increased from 550 to 850, fuel capacity reduced from 500 to 400, full mass reduced from 2.5 to 2.25, empty mass reduced from 0.3 to 0.25
- (Undocumented) Part can now be right clicked on to show fuel units remaining and enable/disable fuel flow
- (Undocumented) Allowed radial stacking/connections
- (Bug fix) Fixed a bug that caused a massive performance drop when fuel tanks emptied (fuel tank switch lag bug)
- (Bug fix) Fixed a small but incredibly disruptive bug which prevented engines from being connected to fuel tanks
- Fuel tanks are now stackable to increase fuel amount (and weight)
- (Bug fix) VAB placement bug with tricouplers, fuel tanks, and decouplers
- Initial release
- This assumes that the flow priority setting has not been adjusted.