| Cockpit by |
C7 Aerospace Division
|Radial size||Small, Mk3|
|Max. Temp.||2700 K|
|Impact Tolerance||50 m/s|
|Unlock cost||50 000|
|Pitch torque||40.0 kN·m|
|Yaw torque||40.0 kN·m|
|Roll torque||20.0 kN·m|
|Electricity required for torque||
|Electric capacity||500.0 ⚡|
|SAS level||× None|
The Mk3 Cockpit is a big and expensive space shuttle-style Command Module for a crew of four Kerbals. It is designed to have Mk3-sized parts attached to its back. It has the highest impact tolerance of any crew module in the game.
It received a model and texture overhaul in the 0.90 update, when Mk3 parts were overhauled and resized and new ones were added.
The Mk3 cockpit is generally placed at the front of the craft. On the front, it has a small radial size attachment point, where parts such as RCS tanks, SAS modules, nose cones or the Clamp-O-Tron Shielded Docking Port can be attached. Its back has a Mk3 shape and size, making it useful for Mk3 Fuselages to be attached.
Although the Mk3 Cockpit is larger, supports a crew of 4 Kerbals and carries more monopropellant than the Mk1-2 Command Pod, it has only a mass of 3.9 t compared to 4.12 t. The properties of this cockpit fit its role well. Its powerful reaction wheels are useful for big spaceplanes. It can hold 500 units of electric charge and 100 units of monopropellant, enough for a experienced pilot to do the procedures of take off-docking-landing of the typical SSTO missions.
This cockpit has some tweakables:
- ToggleFlag - removes-adds the flag of the mission. (VAB/SPH only)
- Lights On/Lights Off - switches the cockpit internal light.
|“||A cockpit for those die hard explorers. Especially useful when transporting extra crew to a remote rock to save the day.||”|
- The IVA model has two back seats, but they are disabled by the game. It's possible to assign Kerbals to them by editing the configuration file of the part directly or by using a mod.
- The description is a nod to Bruce Willis, who starred in the action/adventure movies Die Hard and Armageddon (among many others). In the latter, he and other heroes fly to a killer asteroid in a modified Space Shuttle, in order to destroy it.
- Description updated (IVA is no longer in shipping and customs)
- New IVA added
- New model and texture (Blank IVA)
- Texture changed
- Mass increased from 1 to 3.5
- Added Electrical power
- IVA added
- Initial release