Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port
|Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port|
| by |
Reaction Systems Ltd
|Radial size||Radial mounted|
|Mass||(total)||0.02 t [N 1]|
|Drag||0.01 [N 1]|
|Max. Temp.||2600 K|
|Impact Tolerance||15 m/s|
|Research||Advanced Flight Control|
|Part configuration|| linearRCS.cfg|
|Maximum thrust||(1 atm)||0.83 kN|
|Isp||(1 atm)||100 s|
|Fuel consumption|| 0.21 /s
|Thrust vectors||1 (zenith)|
The Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port is a RCS thruster used for craft rotation and translation, especially in space, and is fuelled by monopropellant. The Linear RCS Port has twice the thrust as the RV-105 RCS Thruster Block but is only capable of thrusting in one direction.
Currently, it has "PhysicsSignificance = 1", making it a massless part with drag added to its parent.
This thruster thrusts in only one direction. To translate a craft, at least one thruster on each of the x, y, and z axes are required. It is useful for balancing RCS on a single axis.
|“||For every space that really needs an RCS thruster, Reaction Systems Ltd has you covered with its new Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port!||”|
- New model and texture
- entryCost decreased from 4200 to 800
- Cost decreased cost from 280 to 25
- Mass decreased from 0.03 to 0.02
- Tolerance decreased cost from 50 to 15
- "PhysicsSignificance = 1" added. The part now has 0 mass and drag, despite the listed values.
- Nominal performance increased, bug providing vastly superior linear performance removed.
- Thrust reduced from 3 to 2 kN; retextured; given Isp values and actual mass.
- (undocumented) Thrust reduced from 10 to 3, bringing part Isp in line with the RV-105 RCS Block
- Initial Release